When do Lops ears drop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such cute buns!

Alfie is about 17 weeks and his ears were dropped when I got him at 10 weeks. He's started to move them a bit- he sticks one behind him listening when he's eating sometimes it's really cute! View attachment 6995View attachment 6996

Aww Alfie is a cutie! Truffles does that, she hears something and her ear moves a little, not a lot, but a little lol. She has a twitchy ear :')
I loved her twitchy ear so much I trained her to come to me when I whistle, she comes running and has an ear twitch going, it's adorable lol

Truffles & Lady are 2 cuties :big kiss: I love the Lops!

I'd be surprised if Truffles ears don't improve for you, especially since she has come from people that breed & show rabbits

:mrsthumper:

Thanks! And everyone's buns on this list are CUTE! If I had not taken Lady she would have been put to sleep so I'm glad I got her... she's a little bit of work but everything worth having is!!

Lady.jpg

Lady is gorgeous! I wish they had shelters here in Tasmania, with lops like her in them. I'd choose her too :highfive:

I'd be surprised if Truffles ears don't improve for you, especially since she has come from people that breed & show rabbits

I breed and show rabbits, but can tell you the crown is one of the hardest parts! :) Slipped crowns (placed too far back on the head) are very common with Holland Lops, like the rabbit pictured. Tight crowns are too. In Hollands, you're working toward a very wide, massive head. So it can be difficult to balance that with the appropriate width of crown. Even those of us involved in breeding/show have to keep an eye on correct ear carriage.

American Fuzzy Lops seem to be the same way, but the larger lops (Mini Lops, French Lops) have less trouble. I guess since their ears are inherently heavier and longer, faults to the crown would have to be more extreme to see much ear control.

My loppy eared rabbit had helicopter ears until recently but over the last two weeks they have flopped. He is about 3.5 months old

Thanks!!! My husband fell in love with her. I was about to have a fit because she is a bit *ahem* high strung and an attention hog but I think it came from the original owners not doing anything with her or spending any time with her just putting her in a cage 24 hours a day and thinking that was ok...

I was going to make a joke about the slipped crown... If Lady thought her crown had slipped she was have a fit! HE HE HE..

I breed and show rabbits, but can tell you the crown is one of the hardest parts! :) Slipped crowns (placed too far back on the head) are very common with Holland Lops, like the rabbit pictured. Tight crowns are too. In Hollands, you're working toward a very wide, massive head. So it can be difficult to balance that with the appropriate width of crown. Even those of us involved in breeding/show have to keep an eye on correct ear carriage.

American Fuzzy Lops seem to be the same way, but the larger lops (Mini Lops, French Lops) have less trouble. I guess since their ears are inherently heavier and longer, faults to the crown would have to be more extreme to see much ear control.

Now you had to bring up crowns.. Next Lady is going to be asking me where her crown is and how big! HE HE HE... Sorry I just could not resist that one! :bunnieskiss:great::imsorry:

Vanessa

Lady is gorgeous! I wish they had shelters here in Tasmania, with lops like her in them. I'd choose her too :highfive:

Thanks!!! My husband fell in love with her. I was about to have a fit because she is a bit *ahem* high strung and an attention hog but I think it came from the original owners not doing anything with her or spending any time with her just putting her in a cage 24 hours a day and thinking that was ok...

I was going to make a joke about the slipped crown... If Lady thought her crown had slipped she was have a fit! HE HE HE..

Finally! Her ears seem to be dropping! Still a bit helicopter ish but they are starting to fall against her face more, now she looks more adorable than she was before! So glad! It will mean that I may possibly take her to a rabbit show coming in 2 months time! So excited and I'm sure she will be too :)

Latest posts

Back