When can my bunny have vegetables?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgaowens

Reaction score
I have an almost 4 month old bunny. I started his hay last week and was thinking about his veggies. When should I give them to him? I tried some parsley and he wasn’t interested in it and was thinking about getting some green leaf lettuce and kale for him to try. I am a first time bunny owner and want to make sure he stays happy and healthy.

I tried some parsley and red bell pepper and he wasn’t interested in it so I think I will wait a week and try again.

He might just not be interested in those. Mine doesn’t like broccoli and asperigus. You could try some other vegetables like celery or maybe some dandelions (although I don’t know if those can be used as a substitute for vegetables)

When introducing greens it is important to only offer one type at a time. Also, one attempt doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't like it. Some rabbits need a particular green to be introduced (offered) several times before they get familiar enough with it to actually take a nibble.

Take a read of the following (from my site) on how to safely introduce greens.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/greens--veggies.html

Latest posts

Back