When are your bunnies most active?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariah

Reaction score
Mine seem to be most active around 1000-1030 PM and this is the time I need to put them to bed so I can go to bed! I feel horrible putting them back in their houses for the night :(

When I had my bonded pair downstairs they were out all day. But they were active in spurts -- first thing in the morning when I opened their cage, then a couple times throughout the day. They also had a spurt at about the same time as yours - 10-10:30. But we often stay up to 11 or later so it worked out fine.

One thing I did with them was that I would feed them their pellets when it was time for bed. They go crazy for them and it was an easy way to get them in their cage so I could lock it up for the night. They didn't seem to mind since they were just munching away.

Hahah when I most often really tired. But seriously he's most active late at night, from about 11pm to 2am some times even later than that.

Mine are pretty standard active at twilight - early morning and when it's getting dark.

Mine have their twice daily romp of the house at about 9 or 10am and then again at 10pm or so. I don't know how busy they get at night (I think they are pretty crazy for most of it) but they are lazy buns most of the day :)

Conan seems to be most active at 12am and after. Me and the wife work nights, so when we're off its ok, but when we're not I feel a little bad for him. Then on our weekends we tend to go to sleep earlier, or stay up through the day and sleep at night like normal people so I think we're kind of messing him up a little.

Mine usually zoomie around 8 pm, but I think it is influenced by the cat's rhythems that were already established when the buns arrieved. It sounds like a heard of elephants running through the house and up/down the stairs every evening. It's pretty funny when they all get going. I have seen both cats and up to 4 of the buns all in a row chasing each other. When they run out of space they turn around the the order reverses!

I feed them dinner around 10 pm so they are happy to go home when I go to bed.

mine are virtually nocturnal, which works out well since I usually am too. midnight to 5 am or so, they're usually bouncing off the walls.

Mine do not get out much. When they are out it is normally for 1.5hrs between 6:30-9pm. That is the only time that I have that they can run around supervised. Some days they are active at that time and other times they just sit there. We had them out for a while at my parnets house this weekend (do not remember the time) and they were crazy active.

Ok so a lot of your buns are very active at night too! I am happy to hear this. I was worried because I live in a basement apt. They don't have natural light. Just the light I turn on and off for them.

I guess they are ok??

I'm sure they are - mine don't seem fazed when I turn lights on in the middle of the night to play with them (since they're awake anyway :p). they like to sleep through most of the day.

Morning when I first let her out she is pretty active. She is so excited to see me and she binkys and bunny 500s all over. It's so cute!

Then during the day, especially mid day and afternoon, she is a bump on a log. Literally just lays there ;)

Then night about 8-10pm more energy again! But she gets some treats for the night so is okay with going back in.

I usually let Thumper out around 8:30am after I get the kids on the bus, he will run around like crazy then for some time.
Once he has had his fill he pretty much spends the day laying around until about 6 pm when I start cleaning his cage, refilling water bowl, etc. After a little while he'll get lazy again until between 9-10pm.
Some days I feel bad putting him in his cage because he is still full of energy but he makes me chase him around every night so at least he gets to burn off some energy right before bed.

I hear him up during the night but nothing too crazy.

Latest posts

Back