wheezing but no discharge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverbunny

Reaction score
Hi! My adult dwarf bunny, Clover, is wheezing a lot. Should I take him to the vet? I was going to take video of it, but he stopped when I got my phone out.

edit - my daughter said it could be his teeth getting too long. is it safe to give him rose branches? if so, how much? he will just eat and eat if you let him.

Wheezing is a sign of respiratory illness and not usually signs of long teeth. The teeth sould regularly be kept down with all of the hay they should be eating. Which if you don't know should be 80% of their diet.This would be the equivalent to eating the amount of hay as big as they are or more everyday. And they shouldn't be left to just eat and eat pellets. Pellets should be limited to 1/4 cup per every 5 pounds of weight the rabbit should be. What breed is your bun? Your rabbit needs to be taken to the vet ASAP.

Is the wheezing a new thing and is it still happening? Have you noticed any odd chewing behavior or drooling? Is he mouth breathing at all?

Overgrown teeth aren't going to be a cause of wheezing.

Latest posts

Back