whats your favorite rabbit breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl54

Reaction score
my favorite rabbit breed is the holland lop because they are such sweet bunnies and i have one holland lop at the moment her name is kestral and she is so sweet so what is your favorite breed?? :):)

I really wanted a Thrianta, but couldn't find a local breeder. They are a beautiful deep red.

I also like harlequins, though it's debatable whether it's a breed or simply a coloration.

I also like harlequins, though it's debatable whether it's a breed or simply a coloration.

There isn't a debate because harlequins are a recognized breed but it is not a recognized color

Tans are my absolute favorite breed because of their rare personality and coloring. French lops and Britannia Petites are very close seconds

Love my New Zealand Reds! I have a couple of does that are just love bugs. I do have one who thinks she is a Vampire. My buck is friendly for the most part. When he wants to be.

What's my favorite breed? I love the longhair rabbits. I guess if I had to name a favorite longhair rabbit breed, at the moment it would be the French Angora (although I am saying this based on ONE French Angora, compared to 4 English Angoras). My French Angora loves attention, and is just such a character. My English Angoras are well, more independent and/or shy.

The cutest breed? Teddywidders are cute, I will have to say. They look like they may have been developed from "teddy" lionheads (those lionheads that do NOT shed out their long fur) and/or English Angoras. But I'd have to say an English Angora is one of the cutest breeds. Just look at those ears, and they are a ball of fur (if not kept clipped ... even then, they are cute).

Here's my favorite picture of Pearl (English Angora) and a picture of Creampuff, which I believe is either a teddy lionhead, a small English Angora, or a mix of those two. She is the size of a lionhead. Perhaps she could pass as an Teddywidder. Plus a picture of Kirby (English Angora, who is mostly clipped).

pearl031217-fav.jpg

creampuff072217.jpg

kirby072217.jpg

I haven't owned enough breeds to make a real choice, but for now I'd say Nethies because the one I've owned were the most clever, active, and the absolute worst when it comes to attitude / damage in the house / handling / energy levels. Somehow, I really love that they are so small and won't hesitate to bite you and then leave while scornfully shacking their back paws like 'you're trash, human! I am most DISPLEASED!' Aki did more damage in my home than all my other animals combined (including the 55 pounds dog), she is also very very resentful and she hates everyone she meets during the first 6 months or so. Her character is the absolute worst, she would do horrifically with children, but she's my favorite out of all the rabbits I've ever owned because she's got such a big personnality- she's 8 now and I'll be devastated when she'll die.
I've never owned one because I go on holiday by the train and take my rabbits with me (I go to the station by foot, carrying the rabbits for over a mile and a half and I swear they get heavier everytime), but I've always wanted a Flemish giant. They look really nice and everyone says they are easy going and have a good temperament. I guess they are the opposite of Nethies? ^^

Latest posts

Back