Whats wrong with my bun?!?!?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But , i have another question , what can i feed an underweight pregnant rabbit ?
And i meant this is one of my first bunnies , i'm asking what to feed an underweight pregnant rabbit because i bought these two in a pair ( peanut and my pregnant rabbit , pumpkin) and she was pregnant when i got her . ( she's 9 months )
And i mean what can i do about her being underweight .

I use kitchen oatmeal, about 2 tablespoons per day, when she really needs it I put some sunflower seed oil on it. BOSS (black sunflower seeds, can't get those here) are also mentioned a lot when it comes to feed pregnant rabbits. That's when unlimited hay, forage, quite some amount of apples and Topinambur isn't enough, or I just want to keep their diet as diverse as possible.

And i mean what can i do about her being underweight .
Do you have access to calf manna? This is what I use for when I had underweight buns.
zoom.jpg

I think you can get it on Amazon in 10 lbs bag (which is the smallest bag you can get) But it has lasted me over a year and I still have a half bag left. You can give her about a 1/8 of a cup per day until her weight is back up more if she is severly underweight.

Oats will also help her keep her milk production up when she is nursing. I use old fashioned oats. 1 tablespoon for a small litter 2 for a big litter.

Latest posts

Back