whats wrong with her

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlottes mum

Reaction score
my bunny charlotte has all yellow stuff under her belly i tried to wash it but it didnt work and it is starting to get pink stuff round it any ideas as to what it might be and what i should do :?

She might have urine scald that is developing into a bacterial infection. Could also be fungal. Very important to get her to the vet for a proper diagnosis and treatment as this could also be related to bladder or other health problems. A rabbit that is not able to keep itself clean is also at risk for fly strike.

Pam

i got a fly free spray to put on her just in case it is fly strike.but i think i will take her to the vet to be on the safe side thank you

lauren & chatlotte:bunnydance:

Trouble is Bunnies are normally such clean little beings.

A Bunny who is getting wet and sore from wee has a problem.

What do you use for bedding? Is she spayed and does she use a litter tray.

In my experience a Bunny getting sore from wee has either a Urinary Tract Infection, a mobility problem ( eg arthritis) or a parasitic infection called Encephalitizoon Cuniculli. It is not 'normal' for a healthy Bunny to be mucky.

Janex

:yeahthat

Does your vet actually treat rabbits much? Maybe you could take her to one that is more rabbit-savvy. A good rabbit vet should know that it's not normal for a rabbit get urine on herself unless she has a medical problem or her cage isn't being cleaned properly.

Latest posts

Back