What's up with my Cat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivythelionhead

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I hope your day is going good, mine is..anyway I was petting my cat Pansey and I noticed she had blood on her foot, like dried blood anyway then I saw her stomach and there around her nipples are various scabs and she had scratched so bad that she was bleeding anyway I cleaned her up and now I'm wondering what's up cause she dosnt have fleas I checked and my two other cats have no symptoms,no scabs or hair loss, she's still eating and being bossy doing everything else she normally dose and she dosnt seemed to bothered by it..so dose anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Her claws may be long and she scratched herself. You could try and clip them. If this isn't the issue I don't have much of an idea about what else it could be as I don't know much about cats.

It could be allergies, potentially to your washing powder, some sort of cleaning product, grass... anything really. Flea bite allergies are pretty common - even if you don’t see fleas living on them, it only takes one flea to jump on, bite, and jump off, to spark a horrible allergic reaction. Some cats are just more prone than others. You could try using a flea collar which can deter them rather than just be conventional spot ons which require the flea to bite for them to work. It could be other parasites, but fleas are by far the most likely.
If it happens again, and/or you see her itching a lot, take her to a vet to be looked at properly and potentially run some tests. It could be any number of dermatological issues, fleas are just a pretty common one and cheap to treat so it’s a good starting point (and is absolutely what your vet will advise in the first instance).
On a side note, cats don’t need their claws trimming (unless it is desired by the owner to protect furniture!), their claws are meant to be sharp.

Thanx Alyssa and Bugs and Popsicles..I thought of an alergy reaction but that dosnt usually cause hair loss and fleas were also high on my list cause she'd had them a few times in the past but it's only on her stomach the scabs and no where else so I'm kinda stumped, I'd normally just take her to my vet but he's away right now for a few weeks and all the other vets around here are terrible..I guess I'll just keep my eye on her and if Sh gets much worse take her to a further away vet.

There will be hairloss with excessive itching so it could well be allergies. I definitely suspect allergies and/or parasites, especially as it is underneath so it could be that she was laying on something she is allergic to. Like you said if she carries on you need to take her to the vet for sure.

Latest posts

Back