What's this infection? Its limited to hind legs and lower torso only.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the fur looks wet, it could be urine burn. When he wets himself regularily he can lose the fur there, and the skin can become irritated. I would give him a butt bath, just lukewarm water.

Check his genitals, if something is amiss around there, like a clump of matted fur. There's also a rather rare condition called split penis that can make peeing a mess.
Anyway, lets see what others come up with :)

That he's got a new friend can lead to marking and spraying (they can do that without too), maybe something he isn't really good at (or something's in the way that doesn't bother when peeing normally).

Can you provide some more details? How long has this been going on? How old is bun? Type of bun? When did you get friend? Type of friend? Stuff like that....

Can you provide some more details? How long has this been going on? How old is bun? Type of bun? When did you get friend? Type of friend? Stuff like that....
From 4-5 days. I have him for about an year now and he is this much old. He is a single rabbit until now. But my cousin has visited my place and he has a female single rabbit so he brought his female rabbit for a week.
One more thing i am seeing that my bunny is now constantly near and touching his female. Even if she disappears for a minute he becomes mad and start running trying to search her. And clearly she is not that interested as she never let him mount.
I don't know what will happen when she leaves in 2 days. Will he get over it and start living as he does?? Though i keep him in my room and hes a free roamer . Any problem and suggestions for my worries?

From 4-5 days. I have him for about an year now and he is this much old. He is a single rabbit until now. But my cousin has visited my place and he has a female single rabbit so he brought his female rabbit for a week.
One more thing i am seeing that my bunny is now constantly near and touching his female. Even if she disappears for a minute he becomes mad and start running trying to search her. And clearly she is not that interested as she never let him mount.
I don't know what will happen when she leaves in 2 days. Will he get over it and start living as he does?? Though i keep him in my room and hes a free roamer . Any problem and suggestions for my worries?
Also i can't have another one as other members don't want even him and asking for one more to join family is a big no

Well, when you keep a buck with an intact doe for a week chances are 95% or more that she's pregnant, not letting her mount can mean she already is, it's pretty sure if she's making noises when he tries. Your cousin should know that, if it wasn't the purpose anyway.

He will be fine when the doe is gone, he might be looking for her for some time, but he'll quite likely be back to normal soon.

Latest posts

Back