What's the most expensive item your rabbit has ruined?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, my dutch Patrick is the master at chewing cords. Lets see, 2 microphone cords, a game system cord, 2 mouse cords and many attempts at the fish tank cords. What happens, is that he always finds away to escape his playpen and I will be in the other room watching TV and not realize it for a long time. By that time, I always find something chewed , so ever since then, I have bought the tubing so I don't have to buy anymore mouses or microphones!

My favorite pair of jeans, but it's my fault because I didn't put the gate back in front of the closet.

Haha, my dutch Patrick is the master at chewing cords. Lets see, 2 microphone cords, a game system cord, 2 mouse cords and many attempts at the fish tank cords. What happens, is that he always finds away to escape his playpen and I will be in the other room watching TV and not realize it for a long time. By that time, I always find something chewed , so ever since then, I have bought the tubing so I don't have to buy anymore mouses or microphones!

My bunnies live in a pen and have never escaped it here *knock on wood* (though Nala learned to climb the 48'' pens back at the house in one spot where the pen met the condo and I had to install a thwartation device), though we sometimes bring them out in the bedroom... and my gliders live in their own room where the door is always shut (they do have a tendency to escape periodically)... but I still glider and bunny-proof the entire apartment just in case!

They've damaged some of our furniture--like a $110 bookshelf from Target--but it can still be repaired since it's mostly cosmetic. They ALMOST got my boyfriends mac charger which is pretty pricey, as well.
For the most part it's minor nibbles here and there with nothing too particularly bad, but we went through a lot of effort to bunny proof the best we could and assume anything within their reach is fair game.

My rabbit Usagi ate up all the wiring in our $2300 elliptical machine. Luckly it only cost around $100 to fix. My husband was mad and also surprised as I was that he had gotten inside of the machine and had eaten the wires we couldn't find any of them. Now it has a expen around it so he cant get into it anymore.

Thanks for all your responses! I can't err stay mad at my girl, but she makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes!!

Let's see! 2 lamps (which one gave me a good shock) we don't even use lamps anymore now, I don't want my little guy to get shocked so we just use the ceiling light. My best air conditioner! He chews the flaps on the bottom of the couch! He sprayed my curtains so bad they would have been pointless to wash! He sprayed the mirror I have where I sit on the floor and do my hair and makeup! I guess he wanted to claim that as his lol. Glad I got him neutered! As the spraying has now stopped, I also cannot stay mad at him! We're getting new furniture anyways when we move and there he will have his own room hopefully!

Tablet charger and base boards although with the humidity in florida they were already starting to go in my daughters room. Bunny proofing is hard work!

I totally forgot about the woodwork....
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1388618676.175869.jpg

We actually remade the windowsills out of corian so Faith couldn't eat them anymore. She remodels woodwork. Freckles would too if he had the chance. Humma is my angel, he doesn't chew wood.

Latest posts

Back