What's the biggest, fattest bunny that exists?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a Flemish. It's called a German Giant. They can get bigger than flemmies though not by much. I think their max showable weight without looking at my notes is 20 pounds. Mostly they are used for meat production and surpass the 20 pound mark. Good sturdy rabbits with a woolie coat. They're a real pain in the boo hiney when they moult. Which is ALWAYS!

You're larger rabbits eat more, poop more, and have bigger teeth to be more destructive with. If you dont work with them early they can be a real handful when it comes time for general maintenance or vet visits. I love my big guys but we've had some misadventures for sure.

Gonna make sure our Flemmie/mix baby is well versed in nail clippings, ear examinations very early on. The kids are also going to have a "no picking up" rule, only mom and dad will be able to pick him up as I don't need my 17 year old austic son picking him or her up wrong (or at all).

I can't even imagine the damage that German giant could cause to my living room! :p No cables would be safe.

haha depends on the rabbit. Out of three I only have one that chews on people stuff. (The German Giant) And even then it seems to only be phone charger cords he goes after. Nothing else. Well all three went after the carpet in the bird room looking for food the bird drops but that was strange. We visited a rabbit last weekend who was maybe six pounds and put his mouth on EVERYTHING. He's going to be a handful to his new owners

Latest posts

Back