What's For Dinner?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had Honey Bunches of Oats with cinnamon bunches with milk of course.. and cut up some banana in it... sounds odd, but IT IS SO GOOD <3

In the middle of making a bap with melted cheddar cheese, sprinkled with chilli and a small bit of chilli mayo.

That ice cold coors sounds sooo good right now ;)

all sounds good what time is dinner? Cut my finger right through the nail ( half way down ) slicing watermelon for a race, so someone else cooking dinner would be great. Big baby they wanted to drill a hole in the nail and stitch it, but the bleeding basically stopped on its own, so have it tightly dressed and am leaving it alone. Dinner tonight - pork roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad ( but definitely not watermelon )

OOWWWWW!! You poor thing!! I wouldnt let anyone touch it either because I'm chicken! Shew, with that, I wouldnt be cooking at all. lol. Sight of a knife might make me run in the opp. direction. Tonight, left over homemade pizza.. .. yeah.. I like left over pizza.

This is tomorrows dinner. Chicken Pot Pie. YUM YUM.

ChickenPotPie.jpg

Susan:)

Dinner tonight: Grilled cheese (with a bunch of different cheeses!) and Ramen noodles XD

SOOOSKA wrote:
Mike your dinner sounds delicious. Is it hard to make?
Couldn't be easier.

Slice up garlic cloves into slivers, insert into little holes punched in the roast, sprinkle rosemary on top, scatter the extra cloves around the meat and put in oven at 350 for about 20 minutes a pound - basically until the thermometer says 125F (in my case, it literally says "your meat is ready" - those talking digital thermometers are neat).

I made the roast in a cast-iron skillet, so while it was resting after cooking I melted butter in the skillet and scraped up the tasty bits, then added flour to make a roux. Stirred that around until it was brown, added enough beef stock to make gravy while stirring to prevent lumps. A little dried onion, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce made it perfect.

The noodles with cottage cheese is just that - boil a bag of extra-broad noodles, drain, mix in a container of cottage cheese (I like black pepper on mine).

Thanks Mike, I'm going to try that recipe. What type of roast? I have a small Prime Rib, would that do?

Thanks

I can say Mike those noodles are awesome. My hubby loves noodles, but he loves them drenched in gravy or butter. Definitely not diet friendly. So tonight I tried this with the cottage cheese. They were a hit and at least I know he didn't have quite as much fat as he would have. Baby steps LOL

Nermal my favorite noodles are Fettachini Alfredo, definitely not great for the waistline. Butter, cream, and lots of Parmesan cheese.

My Mom use to make noodles with butter and cottage cheese years ago for my Dad, I never ate it then now I like it.

I think I will make this on the weekend.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Thanks Mike, I'm going to try that recipe. What type of roast? I have a small Prime Rib, would that do?
I don't see why not. This weekend's roast was eye of round, I usually get round or chuck, just based on price. My usual method of choice is, "what's cheapest?" The local IGA had a meat sale this weekend - $2.98 a pound for round roast or chuck roast in quantities of 4 pounds or more - so I got some of each and froze all but one.

Latest posts

Back