What was your best rabbit related purchase(s) of 2012?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
My best rabbit related purchase this year was my rabbit , Peanut.

My second best purchase this year was a water dish/crock.

pPETS-3757794dt.jpg

I think Peanut is chewing on the bottle metal ball spout . I remember in the span of three months, I got Peanut three different water bottles. Within a month each water would leak.

Hm... NIC grids for nice cage, grass cave, grass mats, water bowl things that pump fresh water... and the rolling hay ball thing is awesome too!

And, my best purchases were my rabbits, Ruby and Pockets! (Tazzie was bred at our home)

My bunnies :) but second is probably 2 giant feed containers so I can buy bulks of hay and pellets, works out so much cheaper! And readigrass, I only thought this was for horses then this year realised it can be for rabbits too and my rabbits LOVE it! :)

Well, all of the materials that made their hutch. And I just bought them an xpen so they can have more time out. Ever since the puppy came I don't have as much time to supervise them, but now I can just let them out and close the door and know they are safe. I should really make a thread about my hutch...I've had it for nearly six months and I think I've lived with it enough to give it an honest review.

As far as toys go, Willow Tunnels are always their favorite. But, I tried to branch out about a month ago and got them a new toy that they've never had before (they usually get newspaper and cardboard boxes and stuff). I wasn't sure how they would do with it, since they just leave those wood chew blocks alone, but they LOVED it. In fact, it's barely got any of the pieces attached anymore.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052Z3UMS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Santa might bring them some other toys from the same company. They also have an awesome looking activity table. I think I might get the mini one, though. I don't think I could justify the 50 dollars on something they're just going to demolish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the Kaytee bedding, the shop vac and the hay rack. http://www.amazon.com/Fellowes-Workstation-Letter-Organizer-60112/dp/B0000DBMMO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354836699&sr=8-1&keywords=wire+paper+tray. I already had the materials to build the cage, all the bowls etc.. I had basically everything I needed for them to start. Shiny Things is the favorite bunny thing I got this year and she was free (long story). I paid $45 for Beauty from a friend (mad, long story again).

On a non bunny yet animal related note. I LOVE my black kitten named Midnight that I found the Monday before Halloween. He is my baby and licks and cuddles with me. He is always with me.:mrsthumper:

Sorry to bring in something non bunny related. I am just too excited with him :)

Last edited by a moderator:
O and those bowls that larryng mentioned ARE the BEST bowls out there. Period. They will out last your rabbits. Mine are 6 years old and still in near perfect shape.

Gosh that's tough....I have those bowls too. That's a good one. I also love the slicker brush I bought for a Rex coat (thanks Lauren!) and the xpen has been a good purchase because I thought I would use it just for bonding but it comes in handy. Also, the chew mat was a huge hit with both of them for toys.
Hard to narrow it down I guess! :)

my bunnies
a furminator (works wonders on a molting lionhead)
stuff to make a NIC condo
playpens to keep the little punks corralled and to allow them to play outside
their crinkle cat tunnel and plastic Ware tunnels (both the little 4'' wide one they started with and the big ol' 8'' one they got when they outgrew the tiny one... which now belongs to one of my hamsters - I can't believe my bunnies used to both fit in it at once!)
the slinky I *finally* tracked down
the litter box grids I made

My best rabbit purchase, by far, was my new French Lop buck. His name is Charlie, and we're expecting a litter of his babies (and Max) on Sunday. Here he is, visiting Santa for the first time. I love, love, love this new fellow!!

charlie_santa_original.jpg

I haven't purchased anything this year for my rabbits besides hay and feed.
I guess I could say my best purchase was some really nice hay? haha. First feed store bought bale I'd bought in a long time.

Emily

My buns. :) Although I guess I really only paid for one. :) Honestly, I've spent so much money on them. I suppose the xpen was probably the best purchase I made because I eventually made they're rabbitat with it, and they love me for it.

oh! and their neuters. lol. Things would be completely different around here without them!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back