What type of wood is this and is it safe for my rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zr0x

Reaction score
My brother found a pile of wood in the backyard and I thought it would be good to give it to my rabbit before giving it to him I looked it up and it said tree wood for them was fine so I let him chew a little but I ended up finding that some tree branches are toxic. My rabbit is 6 months old but if it isn't safe should I be worried about the little piece of wood he bit off? He seems to be doing fine despite chewing it.
20210511_200611.jpg

Do you know what tree it's from? If so, could you send a photo?

Certain tree woods can be dangerous. Would be better to find out what type of wood it is first before letting him have any.
That's the thing I don't know what type of wood it is the trees in my area are a little darker so the only possibility I can think of that wood comes from is the tree in front of our yard which grows flowers during spring but I don't know right now and I can't see outside since it's dark so seeing any trees at the moment will be hard in till the next day.

Do you know what tree it's from? If so, could you send a photo?
Sadly I do not but I could show the trees I have in my area though tomorrow since I can't do it at this time now.

Sure, but I can't do one at the moment, it has become midnight now so I wouldn't be able to take one without any light.

Latest posts

Back