What type of rabbit is this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor bunny, it’s really scared. Myself also pick one of my bunnies like that when he sneak into places he get stuck in.

Rabbits are truly a misunderstood house pet.

It’s hard to say what type of bunny it is when you only see it’s face.

Poor bunny, it’s really scared. Myself also pick one of my bunnies like that when he sneak into places he get stuck in.

Rabbits are truly a misunderstood house pet.

It’s hard to say what type of bunny it is when you only see it’s face.
What about the color? I’m bad with colors, could you identify this color? Maybe I could search for other rabbits with this color?

I personally find this video to be quite offensive and disturbing, and with all due respect, I almost feel it was almost posted as a joke because it is clearly difficult to tell which breed it is in a few seconds.

Out of ALL the bunny photos or videos to post, this one? Animal abuse is not funny.

Last edited:
I personally find this video to be quite offensive and disturbing, and with all due respect, I almost feel it was almost posted as a joke because it is clearly difficult to tell which breed it is in a few seconds.

Out of ALL the bunny photos or videos to post, this one? Animal abuse is not funny.

I too feel bad for this poor bunny. I am not so sure that it was posted here as a joke since monk pointed out that it the guy in the video looked like he never handled a rabbit before. I do think the man in the video knew what was going to happen and that is why the video was made.

A breed of rabbit that has that color is the palomino rabbit, but I have seen many rabbits with that color I have no idea what breed it is.

I didn’t choose it because it’s badly handled, it’s just the only video I can find with this color of rabbit. Sorry you had to come across it.. I didn’t mean any harm.

Don’t know what the color it’s called in english. But look like it have orange/yellow. Maybe sandy or fawn, english have a lot more names than what my country have. So I have a hard time grasping the english naming.

Last edited:
I didn’t choose it because it’s badly handled, it’s just the only video I can find with this color of rabbit. Sorry you had to come across it.. I didn’t mean any harm.
I understand, perhaps it just randomly came up during your searches and you were just curious. It is not like it was you who did it, I just hate when people (like the guy who laughed) treat bunnies as worthless, disposable creatures, when they are so sweet and fragile. Thank you for clarifying that, hope things go well for you. Looks like an orange or fawn. Or that pale orange color I cannot think of them name of at the moment.

Here are multiple colors: https://www.ohiohollandlops.com/bunny-color-chart.html

Last edited:
I get that colour quite a lot, among quite some othersthere were some Red New Zealands in their ancestry, I guess the red got diluted to that light brown.
Although most are broken too I get a few solids that look pretty much like that, pops up even in quite diverse litters. The colour doesn't tell anything about the breed though, could be anything.

That video, I would say that rabbit was never handled before, most likely meat rabbits. The way he picked it up is quite safe in this situation, and it definitly isn't the worst I've seen (like carrying them on the scruff on their back and their ears - they don't scream then, they are stunned by pain), and some rabbits scream quite easily, not funny though.

Attachments

• Rote 2 vom 30-09-15 3 Tage.jpg
    Rote 2 vom 30-09-15 3 Tage.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Weissgraue Wurf1 Bunnyflower 7 Wochen.jpg
    Weissgraue Wurf1 Bunnyflower 7 Wochen.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 11
That’s how I pick up my Rabbit to get him out of his cage, at least twice a day out of his cage and it has never bothered him. Why is it wrong?

It’s more something the bunny dosen’t like and gets really scared. One of my bunnies was a screamer like the one in the video. But after earing his trust he stopped screaming like a banshee.

How the people in the video react are that they seem to expect the bunny to scream and struggle. It seem cruel with how the bunny scream and fight back. If you know the bunny will scream or struggle you shouldn’t do it. Because it becomes unsafe for the bunny and it’s really scared.

At least I have seen crueler videos of people handling bunnies.

Latest posts

Back