What type of hay do you feed your rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OreoTheMiniLop

Reaction score
I couldn't find a topic on this and I'm just curious what type of hay people feed their bunnies? Share it below!

I personally feed Oreo 2nd cut timothy hay from Small Pet Select as her main hay. I give her a bunch of different types of hay mixed in a few are, oat hay, orchard grass hay, botanical hay, etc. I also mix in bunny safe dried herbs as Oreo isn't very interested in hay. I also put her daily pellets in her hay, to get her to eat more hay. She also gets alfalfa hay as a treat RARELY. I normally use it for training once every two weeks or so in very small quantities.

You are lucky to have so much choice. I can only get pre-packed hay from the supermarket, which is of variable quality, or oat, wheat or lucerne from our farm centre. Bunny usually loves oaten hay, but today when I went it, they only had wheat or lucerne. I opted for wheaten hay. It has stalks and leaves which are very broad.
Do you think this will be OK for bunny? (I didn't want to get lucerne, because I thought it had too much protein and too much calcium.)

I give Ted mostly 2nd cut timothy hay from Small Pet Select.

Sometimes I add small amounts of alfalfa, or KayTee Timothy hay available from the grocer. Also sometimes I smush in some banana, or add very small amounts of diced apple. I try to give him some variety, to keep him interested.

I recently purchased a one pound bag of oxbow oat hay from petco. It was more like oat dust. If anyone knows of a good source for small amounts of oat hay, or orchard grass hay, I’d be glad to know about it.

I give Ted mostly 2nd cut timothy hay from Small Pet Select.

Sometimes I add small amounts of alfalfa, or KayTee Timothy hay available from the grocer. Also sometimes I smush in some banana, or add very small amounts of diced apple. I try to give him some variety, to keep him interested.

I recently purchased a one pound bag of oxbow oat hay from petco. It was more like oat dust. If anyone knows of a good source for small amounts of oat hay, or orchard grass hay, I’d be glad to know about it.
I get small amounts of oat hay from Small Pet Select as it is the best oat hay I have found. I also got the oxbow hay and it was just dust.

Latest posts

Back