What to do?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
I am in between a rock and a hard place. First,the rescue I work for can't accept anymore bunnies right now. We havebeen accepting more than we've been adopting out, then the girl justgot married, so no new bunnies right now.

Next, someone I know needs to rehome her bunnies. Many bunnies. I amone of the only bunny people she knows, and she's been having troubleadopting them out. She can't really put free to good home in thenewspaper here. Not many people in this state have bunnies for pets,and free to good home means free dinner on the table in this part ofthe country. Especially in south Louisiana. You'll pass more housesthan you care to where there are meat rabbit signs, and pens and pensof breeding rabbits for that purpose.

Anyways, her options are limited, since no one will take them and sheis moving and needs them gone ASAP. The idea has been hinted that *I*take them, or the possibility of them going to a shelter (i.e., thepound where they have 3 days until euthanasia. Nice.)

As most know, I have 3 bunnies in which 2 have never heard the meaningof being healthy, so the last thing *I* need is another rabbit. So, doI take them anyways and try MY best to rehome them on Petfinder andsigns in the petstores, or do I take the chance and watch her hand themoff as dinner rabbits and to the pound? I'm just not sure I can makemyself do that, but I also can't take in another rabbit, or two, or ten.

:anyone:

Why not post about them in the Rescue Me section- maybe even with photos...and see if folks from the board areinterested in adopting them?

Maybe we could find a way to work out transportation.....

Just a thought..

Peg

Peg, I may end up doing that. However, not toomany people on here are near this state, and transport is hard for meand nearly impossible for her right now.

The free to good homes signs may would work if she would actuallyscreen the freaking people. But she doesn't have time, and wants tomake it first come, first serve, take what you want. They're going toend up in places we all don't want to know about.

There's ONE guy I know who lives near me and him and his family raiserabbits and have two sets. Meat rabbits and pet rabbits. I'm going totalk to him and see if he'd be interested in taking some as PETS.

She could take them if she wanted, she's moving to a freaking house,not an apartment. She's thinking it'll be too much trouble. Shouldn'thave gotten them in the first place!

Latest posts

Back