What to do with old NIC cubes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peapoo_bunny

Reaction score
wow its been awhile since ive posted on here.. so first of all Hello to everyone:biggrin2:nowmy question.. i have a bunch of Nic cubes stacked up all over the house and no use for them now that peapoo and petey are gone.ive thought about donating them to a rabbit rescue or something of that sort.. but as far as i know theres not one around us. any suggestions on what to do with all these cubes? i have about 95 panels

I was thinking about you recently. It's good to see you about. Have you thought about getting anymore buns? Ithink you mentioned it might be a possibility at soem point.

You could sell them on ebay, or to someone on here or anything like that.

Or keep them and make yourself an NIC palace :biggrin2:

I, too, have been thinking about you :biggrin2:!

Are there any Ferret rescues around? Maybe they can use them to make cages for ferrets. You could donate them to a school? Any dog rescues around that could use them for pens for puppies? Or you could keep them....just incase you do get any future bunnies.

iwontbe getting any more bunnies for awhile..although i would really love to have more bunnies right now,it wouldnt be very smart considering ill be going to college next year and i already have so many other animals for my family to look after while im gone (it wouldnt be very fair to my family even though they dont mind:D).

I'm not sure if you've already made a decision regarding what to do with old/extra NIC cubes, but I thought I'd share what I did with the additional panels I had left from making my NIC pens.

I used the panels I had left to make organizers for the pre-existing shelves I have in my bedroom. They help make separating items easy and fun. And, for someone as OCD as I am, they look neat and help keep everything in order and easy to find.

Another idea that I put to use was to put them in deep dresser and armoir drawers to organize socks, underwear, bras, and the like. They also help keep smaller items in one place as additional storage cubes. I have a couple underneath my bed to hold exercise equipment, weights, and other miscellaneous things I've accumulated through the years.

No matter what, my suggestion would be not to get rid of them if you're ever planning on having bunnies in your life again. They certainly won't go bad and will always manage to find a use for themselves - especially if you're an organizing neat-freak like me! But if you must see them go, I second the suggestion about donating them to a rescue organization - you can never go wrong there!

Best of luck and let me know if you need any other little ideas...

Well one of the things we use them for is to block areas to bunny proof the room. Instead of covering up every single wire, we have NIC cubes around the area as a blockade. Thank goodness my flemmies aren't climbers or hoppers just yet. At least not 2 cubes high.

okiron wrote:
Well one of the things we use them for is to block areas to bunny proof the room. Instead of covering up every single wire, we have NIC cubes around the area as a blockade.
I do the same. It would be a pain to cover all the wires in our bedroom :p.

I was first introduced to the NIC cubes at college, so you may want to hang on to them!! they make great storage in a tiny dorm room because you can stack them on top of your dresser, desk, etc to keep food, books, clothes, whatever organized!! in the dorm you have to think about storage in all 3 dimensions--and build up to the ceiling to save floor space!!

peapoo_bunny wrote:
that could work.. do you know what part of nc? like how far it would be from me?

Sabrina's House (Randy's rescue) is located in Rocky Mount. Is that anywhereclose to you? I think that would be an awesome option if you want to donate them somewhere. Randy takes in so many bunnies and other types of wildlife, so he may be in need of something like that. If he does need them, I'd bet he'd be willing to meet you half way to get them. Why not PM him and check it out?

Sounds like Montana would be anxious to have them, too! Heck, I'd offer to take them off your hands if I were closer.

But, as many people suggested, you may want to use them when you go to college for bookshelves and the like. Then you would have them afterwards should you adopt bunnies again!

~Mary Ellen

thats true..i wasnt thinking about using them for storage in college..i guess ill keep them awhile, at least until i see what the dorm is like.. haha i forgot they werent actually made for bunny houses:blushan:

Latest posts

Back