What to buy hubby for his 30th Birthday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember but his prices are on his markkerley.com website if you look at canvas costs or something like that.

I have another one he did - and his painting of Sooska's bunny is on his webpage too.

Here is a small one he did for Bun-Bun - a rabbit that passed away.

BunBunsPainting.jpg

Sorta off-topic but this was the birthday cake I had done for Art's 50th birthday - with something about how he couldn't escape getting older...

DSCN5138.jpg

I think buying someone experiences is always better in the long run than buying them 'stuff'.

I took my hubby away for a couple of days to an eco cottage http://www.hairyhobbitcottage.co.nz/hhc/Photos.htmlwe don't get much time off together and it was fantastic, really different from our other holidays - LOVED the outdoor bath, thehammock, fruit & nut treesand all the native birds!

I bought my parents and grandparents a half day sail on a 107yo 3 masted sail boat. We're a sailing family, we know the harbour we sailed like our own backyards but seeing it on such a gorgeous vessel and being able to sail something so different was so special they still talk about it!! It's alsothe only boat of it's kind around here and whenever it was out somebody would point it out so it was quite special to get to sail it.

My mum was bought a helicopter ride for her 50th - they got to land on a glacier which made it even more memorable for her.

My grandfather was bought a parasail for his 60th and a Glider flight for his 70-something.

I'd love to buy someone a hot air balloon ride... not in the least so I had a good excuse to go myself! I'd buy hubby a skydive, but i don't know that I'd be brave enough to do it myself.

So there are my suggestions: a holiday or an adventure sport!!

Aw, a hot air balloon ride sounds awesome, actually! I don't think that he'd enjoy a sailing trip as he has a bit of motion sickness (and I definitely have motion sickness). The balloon ride might just be steady enough to be enjoyable the view, wherever it is, should be stunning :) This is something cool to think about.

Peg, I contacted Mark via his website and he's already emailed me. Right now the only thing that might be tricky is my timeline. I've got almost exactly 6 weeks till his birthday and Mark's timeline is 4-6 weeks for oil paintings to completely dry. I want to get a big one like 9x12 or 8x8 at least. Since it's his birthday, I really do want to make it sort of glam and special. For myself, I would have gotten a smaller one, just something to look at and smile in my heart. In fact, I may get one done of Kirby, maybe Kirby and Penny both.

The cake is *hysterical* btw! :p

Well - if the painting isn't ready in time - Mark can still give you step-by-step photos that you can print up and put together to show hubby what he is getting (almost like a gift certificate??)...

Yeah that'll probably do. I'm so excited. Mark is extremely responsive and we're already talking about which picture and colors and whatnot. I think I'll probably get it in time, though, if we settle on exactly what I want quickly so he can get started. Great recommendation, Peg!

I think hubby'll really love this, and he will never expect something like this from me either. I may consider getting some other accompanying gifts too, plus a nice dinner out. Perhaps this birthday will make up for the not-so-hot birthday presents I've given him the past few years! :p

Thanks for everyone's input! If you have additional thoughts, I would love to hear them!

Here is what the painting is going to be posed like. I'm really excited! I think it's got the essence of Toby, and his little sparkle of naughtiness.
DSC_0151_POSE.jpg

Latest posts

Back