What to bring with?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven123

Reaction score
So I have posted about this before because my parents are getting divorced. My mom is trying her hardest to find a house and she’s been looking at a LOT of houses lately and I know it won’t be long before she finds a house. My dad is staying at this house and I have decided to bring the bunnies with me between houses. My parents have 50/50 custody over me and my brother so they have decided that we will be switching off each week. I want to get my bunny set up done at my moms house when we first move in. I have not moved since I was 4 so I barely know anything. If you want to give any advice about moving then that would be nice. Mostly what I wanted Though is that when I get an area set up at my moms house and I already have an area set up here at my dads house, what should I bring with between houses and what should I have one of at each houses? I do plan on bringing their litter boxes between houses and of course them but I’m not sure if I should have a set of toys at each house or if I should have a first aid kit at each house or what I should do. I feel like having two of a lot of things would be expensive but it would make it a lot easier at the same time because then I would have less that I would have to forget about and then worry that I don’t have that thing. Both of my parents will be living quite close in the same city, maybe even in walking distance so if I have to then I’ll just have to call the other parent or something and ask if I can go get that thing. But I just want to know what I should have at each house and what I should bring with from the other house.

I would have 2 litter boxes and 2 sets of toys so they get a break from the old toys every week. I would always have syringes, gauze, antibiotic ointment, grooming supplies, Critical Care, and Infant gas drops at each house. I suggest having a first aid kit that you take with you between houses because first aid stuff is not always cheap.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this! :confused:

I would just bring things like an xpen, food bowls, a litter box and some toys. You can get collapsible litter boxes and bowls to make it easier - and it’ll fit in a backpack. If your parents live within walking distance, you wouldn’t need to worry too much about first aid, as you’d be able to just run to the other house and get it. If they end up living farther away (I hope not), then it would be best to bring a syringe and baby gas drops with you - vet wrap, ointment and gauze are okay to have if you know how to use it but other than that if your rabbit need it, probably best to go to a vet

Ok thank you, my mom has been looking at quite a few houses near my dad, some that would be out of walking distance and would probably take a half hour for me to walk to the other’s house. But there are some closer by so I hope she gets ones that are closer but she’s pretty much is just trying to get any house she’s eligible for because she wants a nice house but a lot of them are expensive so she’s trying to find nice houses that are within her price range. I hope she finds a nice house. The one we looked at today had a big basement but it’s unfinished. We were saying that’d probably be where I’d go with my bunnies because it’s big and I can always put down rugs and block off the furnace with an Xpen. I am trying to figure out a nice way I could have my bunnies in each house so we both have nice living quarters.

UPDATE! Today me, my mom, and my sister looked at a house, now this house is by far the smallest house we’ve looked at. Today after we looked at it my mom put an offer on it. Our offer was accepted. After this she is going to be having an inspector look at it for a problems that could go wrong and after that we will have the house to ourselves and we will be able to move in by probably late January. Now the room i would get would be the biggest room that I would share with my sister. I don’t really remember how big it is, I’ll probably have to look at the picture again but my sister also has a bunny. I am not sure though because she’s thinking about staying with my dad so he’s not all alone when me and my brother aren’t there. My sister does plan on neutering her bunny soon. I hope that if we do end up sharing that room she will have her bunny neutered and that we could maybe have a trio. I am not sure though yet. Because of course she is still hesitant about living with us so my dad has some company too. I have two sisters that still live with my parents. I just looked at the picture of the bedroom and it does look quite big now that I look at it. The house doesn’t have carpeting and only has wood floors so I would have to get a rug but that wouldn’t be too much. My mom is pretty much giving up all the rooms for us and finding a room for herself last. The basement is unfinished but my mom is considering finishing it and when it is finished I would love to have a room down there because it is very big and spacious and it looks quite nice and would be a good place for me and the bunnies. My mom said that she would let me have the basement if she finished it. The basement is really big but not so big that it would be too much.

Sounds great! What would happen if your rabbits and your sister's rabbit wouldn't bond?

I mean if they don’t bond then we will have to probably have to put him in a different room until we figure out stuff with the basement and then see if me and my bunnies can live down there. My sisters bunny is a nice little gentleman and just needs to be neutered and we do notice he is quite lonely and needs a lot of attention and loves cuddles and pets and loves to give kisses and doesn’t like being by himself. So we do think that they would bond well because he would bring a little joy between my buns and would probably help Hermione feel better because we feel she was abused in her past home because she doesn’t really like affection. I am not for sure about this but I know he would love my buns and would like a partner or two. So we hope my bunnies would like him. We are a little uncertain because one of my bunnies, Skylar, is about 8 months old but she is a tiny little 2 pound bunny. Which is the right size for her breed as she is a polish bunny but we’re not sure because my sisters bunny is a New Zealand mix and weighs a couple more pounds than her. And my sister isn’t sure if they’ll get along well because Skylar is so small but I feel they will because if they bond then there shouldn’t be any problems afterwards right? Does anybody else have experience bonding bunnies that have such a big weight difference?

Latest posts

Back