What time of the day do you feed your bun(s)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
I was just wondering when everybody feeds their bunnie(s)?

I feed mine in the morning, and refill the hay racks in the evening if needed.

~Jim

yeah i feed mine in the morning as well,and thenin the evening i give them their veggies,and then through out the daythey have their oaten hay.

cheryl

I refill everything that is given unlimited inthe morning (water, hay, pellets...they're still young, so pellets areunlimited), and give them their veggies and refill hay at night beforeI go to bed. I've noticed that Maisie is most active atnight, and when I give her veggies during the day, they just get allwilted by the time she gets around to them at night.:) Flower seems to be active all the time...I think it'shis/her age. :)

I feed CupCake at night. That's when the breederwas feeding her so thats the schedule I stuck to. I occasionally willgive her some oats in the morning, but other than that she getseverything at night.

Lissa

I changethewater and givefresh hay, vegetables and pelletsin the morning,andthen give another handful of pellets at night.Rodney alwayscomes running when he hears the box of pellets, so it's my way ofgetting him back in his cage for bedtime.

i refill their pellets and water in themorning.. i usually do the hay at night before i go to bed, butsometimes petey's hay has to be refilled morning and night..he loveshis hay!.. they get their vegetables before i go to bed at night:)

For Pepsi I give her a hanfull of hay (or if shestill has her hay from last night, I don't bother) and half herpellets. At night I give her her other half of pellets, hay, a bowl ofveggies and put in fresh water.

For Pebbles I usually have to get up and get her some hay at around4:00am or she won't be quiet because she wants hay (She gobbles her hayup!) and then I go back to sleep then wake up at around 7:30 ish andgive her pellets and more hay. At night she gets another fewhanfdulls of hay and every two days I refill her water bottle.

I check Munchkin's food bowl and hay bin atleast twice a day. Once before I leave for work at 6:30 AM and thenaround 4:00 PM when I come home from work. Her water usually lasts forat least two or three days between filling thebottle but Icheck that anyway and make sure it's always at the right level. If herhay bin isn't completely filled, she makes a horrific racket with ituntil I come with the hay bag.

She loves the weekends because then Daddy's around all the time. She's so spoiled...hehe :D

Blyre

Spring wrote:
For Pepsi I give her a hanfull of hay (or if she still hasher hay from last night, I don't bother) and half her pellets. At nightI give her her other half of pellets, hay, a bowl of veggies and put infresh water.

For Pebbles I usually have to get up and get her some hay at around4:00am or she won't be quiet because she wants hay (She gobbles her hayup!) and then I go back to sleep then wake up at around 7:30 ish andgive her pellets and more hay. At night she gets another fewhanfdulls of hay and every two days I refill her water bottle.
ohh wow you get up at 4am to get Pebbles hay,what a spoiled little girl:cool:

cheryl

I sort of have to. She lives in my room and shestarts ripping up her cardboard if she's hungry and doesn't want to eather pellets. Easy way to shh her up with a mouthfull of hay! :D

Though I'm sure it's frustrating...that sure is cute. :)

Spring wrote:
I sort of have to. She livesin my room and she starts ripping up her cardboard if she's hungry anddoesn't want to eat her pellets. Easy way to shh her up with amouthfull of hay! :D

lucy is on a rabbit food called burgess excel light and it can be very high in calories

so she gets umlimited hay asnd water

and a handful of the food morning and night but it should only be put in for 1 hr at a time but we always forget

varna xxxx

Around 7 in the morning, or whenever I get up ;)

And again around 9 in the evening.

They get fed at the same time as the cats, so I've got seven furbabies making a racket for their meals all at once :shock:

All of my critter kids ... dogs, cats(house and barn), rabbits, geese, skunk ... have food available24/7/365. There is none of the "excitement" of getting fed,and nobody is overweight. They know that they don't have togobble their food. It's just always there.

Cadbury gets a little bit of pellet every morning before I leave for work/class and hay if needed.
If she's out running about the apartment and we are going out, we ringher bell and if she goes straight home, she gets a snack of a grape anda leafy green lettuce. My boyfriend trained her to return to her housewhen we ring a bell left over from Christmas.
Then before we go to bed, she gets the same.
Sometimes If I'm home throughout the day, she won't get a fruit snackb/c there's no bell rining but I'll give her a little piece of celery.It makes her breath smell nice :)

I feed Skippya piece oflettuceafter Nate comes home from work..(3-4 AM) then I fillup his water/hay/pellets whenever they need to be. Then he gets anotherpiece of lettuce in the afternoon about 3 or 4 PM.

Latest posts

Back