What sort of mix is he?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
We picked up the 6mth white pretty pal "Desiree" from the owner and took it to the vet. She looked at the bun, weighed it (a little under 4kg) and checked its parts just to make sure. " Your Desiree is a boy," the vet said, "she's got two sacks all right. But he's healthy otherwise, molars are a bit raised but they'll wear down with loads of hay and proper pellets." So i decided to keep the planned name, Lűmi. He got a myxo vaccine as well.
I decided to call the lady owner just to inform her of the change. She was already questioning, worried, whether we were going to bring him back to her because "she" turned out to be a he. I said:" no, we already took him and you were so kind to book him for us until today. Besides, he's so lovely and adorable, we wouldn't want him terrorized by the dog. The vet said that male-males will work equally well if they have the temperament, so we'll keep him." She was very much relieved that Lumi is still healthy as ever.

I asked the vet that as Lűmi wasn't a purebreed frenchie as he had peculiar fur, but was nonetheless a lop, what kind of mix is he? She said that he might be a hermelin mix.
His fur is medium on the long side, quite even and thick, silky smooth. His head is quite small and rectangular, like a girl bun's. His tail is also teeny as are his paws. Other than that he seems to be an average lop. Do any of you have any mor20200725_125620.jpgreceived_326407128385453.jpeg15956768437519029810284666476510.jpge ideas on what sort of mix he might be?

I would look for help at the post of "what breed is my bunny" but it stopped working for me!

He kind of looks like he has a rex coat or it showed up that way on camera. If he has a rex coat I'd say he is part frenchie part rex.

What does rex feel like?
Lűmi's fur is really soft but it doesn't offer up much resistance, is that what satin feels like?

Well, his fur isn't short at all, it's longer than Storm's medium fur. He also has an awkward triangular piece of ear missing on the right. It looks symmetrical and fully healed, not causing him any discomfort.
Is it just that some breeders mark their litters with little slits/cuts?
(The lady got him from a breeder)

Got a pic of it.20200725_185558.jpg20200725_164548.jpg
Somehow he can hold his ear uppity like that on his own.

Rex fur is very thick and dense. The following pic from NRCC (rex club) website shows the fur well. I don't see Lumi's fur as being rex-like.
from NRCC.png

Then he surely isn't rex. The vet said something about him possibly having hermelin mixed in? What sort of fur do hermelins have?
He looks like he might be mixed with english spot somehow-dark ears and snout, somehow continuous but not quite full black line on his back, some random spots on eitver side of the body. He's also smaller than regular frenchies-Storm's younger but heavier than him. I read that english are typically a bit smaller?

I don't see any hermelin in that mix. They generally have rounder heads and shorter ears, like a dwarf rabbit in the US. With thicker fur than your average rabbit. I don't see any english or rex in this rabbit either. I wouldn't be surprised if this were a french lop or english lop mixed with a pretty average "rabbit-shaped rabbit" of a mixed breed.

Okay! Good to know! Then he's just a generic "french lop mix" when it comes down to it! Appreciate the extra knowledge!

We picked up the 6mth white pretty pal "Desiree" from the owner and took it to the vet. She looked at the bun, weighed it (a little under 4kg) and checked its parts just to make sure. " Your Desiree is a boy," the vet said, "she's got two sacks all right. But he's healthy otherwise, molars are a bit raised but they'll wear down with loads of hay and proper pellets." So i decided to keep the planned name, Lűmi. He got a myxo vaccine as well.
I decided to call the lady owner just to inform her of the change. She was already questioning, worried, whether we were going to bring him back to her because "she" turned out to be a he. I said:" no, we already took him and you were so kind to book him for us until today. Besides, he's so lovely and adorable, we wouldn't want him terrorized by the dog. The vet said that male-males will work equally well if they have the temperament, so we'll keep him." She was very much relieved that Lumi is still healthy as ever.

I asked the vet that as Lűmi wasn't a purebreed frenchie as he had peculiar fur, but was nonetheless a lop, what kind of mix is he? She said that he might be a hermelin mix.
His fur is medium on the long side, quite even and thick, silky smooth. His head is quite small and rectangular, like a girl bun's. His tail is also teeny as are his paws. Other than that he seems to be an average lop. Do any of you have any morView attachment 49573View attachment 49574View attachment 49575e ideas on what sort of mix he might be?
She is sooo precious 💜

Latest posts

Back