what size

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fire22

Reaction score
I bred a standard rex buck to a mini rex doe will the kits be standard or miniature.

The first generation will be standard sized, but any offspring bred to Mini Rex will produce both Mini and Standard size as the offspring will carry the dwarfing gene needed for Mini's.

Out of curiosity... Why was this cross made? How are the doe's hips/Hindquarters? Be forewarned that there is a greater increased chance of Stuck kits when you cross a large breed buck with a small breed doe.

SunnieBunnie Rabbitry wrote:
Out of curiosity... Why was this cross made? How are the doe's hips/Hindquarters? Be forewarned that there is a greater increased chance of Stuck kits when you cross a large breed buck with a small breed doe.
Will it even be possible for the doe to have these kits? I hope so - but I don't know as I've never done a cross like that.

I'm curious as to why the cross was made too.....

Peg

It all depends on her hips/Hindquarters, whether or not they're wide enough. W I D E Hindquarters as seen in some BUD's is ideal in a cross like that... better chance of a wider birth canal to pass them.

I have done a cross like this (the doe is due tomorrow), but she's a BUD with exceptionally wide hips. She herself weighs just about 6 pounds. I would have never done this breeding had I not been fully confident in her being able to pass the kits without incidence.

she is a larger doe about 6 pounds. I made this cross hopping to get some smaller rabbits she is the only Minni I have. she Is only about 2 to 3 pound lighter than the buck.

Latest posts

Back