What size HUTCH for two rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaf

Reaction score
I know bigger is better, and I'm actively working on getting a hutch for outside, and one for my garage.

Not to be mistaken as a "cage" - the hutches will be for outdoor use and as a safe haven in the climate controlled garage when they play in there while I work on crafts and plants.

I went out to the neighbors house to see their rabbits, and I'm suprised at the size of their large rabbits. I always imagined a rabbit to be the size of a smaller nature.

New Zealand whites are quite big so I'd say you'd probably have to have a double decker hutch (solid floored)to have the right amount of space and even then it would need to be pretty long and wide.It would probably be easier, more economical and bigger for your buns to have a shed or play house instead. I'll try and find some links to give you some ideas.:)

The housing section in the bunny 101 bit of the forum has quite a lot of information and picturesto give you some ideas. Reading back over your post you probably won't be able to have a shed within a garage, although you could always builda large and creative hutch. I remember seeing a hutch somebody had built that was designed like a burrow inside on TV once so you could try all sorts of ideas.:)

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11792&forum_id=17

I don't know exactly the size of New Zealand whites, but I'd say a 6ft long,3ft wide double decker hutch (with plenty of headroom on each level) should be agood sized hutch, although that is just an estimated guess.;)

If they're just playing while you work in the garage, why not just a playpen? You can get a wire pen , even one with a cover that would be easy to move around as well.

Just a suggestion.

Latest posts

Back