What size carrier for a flemish giant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel-Mom

Reaction score
Hi all, we are looking into adopting a flemish giant from the local rescue. So I was wondering, those of you who have giants, what size carrier do you use to take them on car rides?
He'll be mainly free running in the house, and have a room to be in at night and when we're not home, so I'm not worried about a cage. Think I'll need to get some bigger food and water bowls, though :) Oh, and a litter box too... what size box do you all use for your giants? He definitely won't fit in the ones Hazel used.

Will the bun be full grown?
How big is the bun?
Easiest thing to do when you get him would be to take him to the pet store and see what size carrier seems comfiest for him. You can pick out a kitty litter box and other things at the same size too, one thing I love about petstores is if the animal comes with you, everything can be tested for size beforehand :)

Oh, exciting! A new bunny! :)

I'd say at least a medium sized carrier. Gus has a smallcat sized carrier and it fits him just right, but I'd think a bigger bunny would be pretty squished.

You'll definitely need a giant sized litter pan too. I'd look into getting onethat has ahigh back. Like this:

Petmate-High-Back-Litter-Pan-with-Microban-Assorted-Colors-Jumbo-(21.2-inch-x-17.3-inch-x-10.3-inch)-99.jpg

Post pics when you can!!! :)

Hope that helps!

Rue

Yes, we are excited :)
He's being nuetered today, the poor fella, but we still get to meet him tomorrow, and likely take him home then :)
I have the pics from the rescue website, but I'll take more tomorrow, and introduce him properly then.

Joey (for now)
More Joey

Latest posts

Back