What should I put on the bottom of my bunnies playpen if he’s not litter trained?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arloismybunny

Reaction score
I’m getting my new baby bunny next Sunday! He is only 8 weeks old. Obviously he is too young to be nurtured and the breeder said she already stated to litter train him and I should continue to do so. She also stated that it’s not going to be 100% successful considering that he is not yet neutered. I’m not sure what to put on the bottom of his playpen. Should I just put some pee pads down in case he uses the bathroom on the floor? I’m also very paranoid that he’s going to chew things such as towels or blankets if I put them in his playpen. Maybe I’m just letting my anxiety get in my head but I just want to be a good bunny mom.

I had put pee pads down in the beginning and when he peed on it, I would put that piece in the litter box so he knew where he was supposed to pee. After a week, he always went in the litter box. I think some bunnies might want to chew the plastic on the side of the pee pad so you might have to cut the overhanging plastic off.

Stable matting or textured non-slip lino are good when they are not litter trained yet. Make sure the edges are outside the pen to prevent chewing.

I rent a home and my rescue bunnies are not allowed in home. They are in garage with fence and cardboard box as flooring. The little bun poops constantly I don’t know what to do with her. She has a litter box. I can’t afford to spay right now. Her bunny friend is female and kept in a separate fenced area and she is not fixed but learned right away how to use litter box. What is best flooring it’s a lot of work to maintain the bunnies poop and keep her area clean.

As said above, textured vinyl works pretty good. Put something under the edges, so they are a little higher and nothing spills out.

Latest posts

Back