What should I do?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriselli

Reaction score
I will be going away for 2 days and my bunny has to stay home and we have nobody to watch her. My parents insist that she stays in a little cage (which I don’t agree with).will she be ok?

Most important is that she has plenty of hay and plenty of water.

Do not give her extra pellets as she may eat them all at once and that could cause tummy issues.

You'll have to be sure that the water can't spill or run out. She should have an abundance of hay to last 3 days (even though you'll be gone for 2).

Going without exercise for a couple days isn't a big deal. She should have space in the cage to move about of course. (Not sure what you mean by "little")

If you have to leave her then make sure she has loads of water she can’t spill and lots and lots of hay- maybe some hanging treats and some pellets and some greens too!!! Hide them through the cage for her under the hay! Try and ask someone if they can check on her or get a camera set up on her? :)

I wonder if you can borrow a dog crate or something similar from someone. I understand they don't want bunny loose in a pen in case of an escape. But that size cage I don't think would be large enough to hold enough hay and fit bunny.

If you have to leave her then make sure she has loads of water she can’t spill and lots and lots of hay- maybe some hanging treats and some pellets and some greens too!!! Hide them through the cage for her under the hay! Try and ask someone if they can check on her or get a camera set up on her? :)
For some reason she absolutely hates greens My family doesn’t really know anyone who lives around me to check up on her :/ but the camera is a possibility

I wonder if you can borrow a dog crate or something similar from someone. I understand they don't want bunny loose in a pen in case of an escape. But that size cage I don't think would be large enough to hold enough hay and fit bunny.
Would it be okay since she is a dwarf bunny and she’s only about 3 months?

Perhaps. You may need to see how you'd fit all the hay and water and see what space is left.

If she's only 3 months, then I'm assuming her pellet amount is not yet limited. In that case, it is fine to leave excess pellets in there.

Perhaps. You may need to see how you'd fit all the hay and water and see what space is left.

If she's only 3 months, then I'm assuming her pellet amount is not yet limited. In that case, it is fine to leave excess pellets in there.
Ok thank you :)

Hi. Maybe you could try looking online for a pet sitter?
I'm not sure about where you live, but some people offer to live in or have access to your home, or take the bunny to their place. Make sure to check their reviews, for some this is their job so they are trustworthy.
I left my two bunnies at a bunny farm here in SA and the lady sent pictures and updates everyday, all week long. Try to look for that online so she gets some human contact and exercise, plus she'll be monitored. It's just a suggestion, hope it helps.

Latest posts

Back