What should I do?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juier58

Reaction score
I have a female lion head bunny just over a year old, about 4/5 hours ago she jumped into her litter box and won't come out! I have tried offering her her favorite treats a d she is not interested. I am not sure what to do. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I would go ahead and take her to the vet since it has been 6/7 hours now. She probably has GI-stasis since she is not accepting her favorite treats. When was the last time she ate and pooped?

A fair while now, she has come out of her litter box and is now sat on the sofa which is not like her. I don't have a car so the earliest I can get her to the vet is tomorrow any thing I can do in the meantime?

Hay Hay Hay! It makes everything better! You might need to bother her with it to get her to eat it. Also, give her lots of water and remove all pellets. You can give her tummy massages and if you have infant gas drops you can give her 1-2 ML doses every 1 hour for 3 hours, and then 1-2 ML every 8 hours or as needed. If you don't have gas drops you can brew fennel seeds, peppermint tea, or chamomile tea in hot water and syringe feed it to your rabbit after it is cooled-NO HONEY. Give her lots of fresh veggies soaked in water.

She is better than she was, thank you for asking. She went to the vet this morning who gave her a thorough check, no issues with her mouth or teeth and gut sounds were good. She gave her some pain killer and something to get her gut going.. Dottie had eaten some lettuce and had a good drink before she went to the vet. I just need to keep an eye on her for the next few hours. At the moment she not interested in any foods apart from the lettuce and a bit of cardboard!

That's great that she is doing good! I would stay away from the cardboard if she is not eating hay. It could cause a blockage which would require another vet visit.

Latest posts

Back