What kind of interactions does your rabbit(s) want from you?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
Peanut is a cuddler.

She likes to be held like the picture. Only difference is her head just reaches my left shoulder.

holdingBaby.jpg

When Peanut is in the mood she wants to held like that for 15 --20 minutes.

How does your rabbit(s) want you to interact with them?

Gubble wants me to leave him the heck alone unless I come bearing snacks. He goes limp if I pick him up and will thump loudly when I put him back down, then ignore me for days. He will however if I pick him up and lay on the couch, stay with me for a movie if I sit him on my chest and brux at him. Then he acts like it never happened and ignores me for days.

Molly comes when I call her, comes for treats, and enjoys baths and brushing. She will not tolerate being picked up though and will shiver and go boggled-eyed. Her favorite interaction is definitely begging at the supper table. I'm pretty sure my evil twin is the one that feeds her from there.

Atticus is almost too big to wrangle and pick up. He likes to sit on me if I sit on the floor. He'll scatter newspaper and shove it towards me with his nose as if to say "Taste the sports section, it's to die for". He comes when I call him too and enjoys peeping on people in the shower. Sometimes he'll invite himself into the shower, then thumps at you when you gently toss him back out onto the floor mat. Atts will be your best friend if you get down on the floor nose to nose with him and give his whole skull scritches.

Matthias takes you by storm; he will paw at you, assault your person, scratch you, nibble you, tear your clothes and honk at you if you're in the way. He enjoys eating puppies, long hops on desolate beaches, and chilled baby tears.

Domino prefers being snuggled. "He" because I really think my adorable bun is a boy now..loves resting on my chest and he will even climb onto my shoulder. He also watches me when I walk away and will even try his hardest to peer around the corner to see me leave the room. Storm prefers to be cradle like a newborn, she will even fall asleep this way and I find it super easy to groom her like this.

lol samara, matthias sounds like a hand full lol

Becky likes to snuggle up. This is her trying to get me to really snuggle. If I don't give her at least 30 minutes a day of undivided attention I get the butt at dinner time so I know she is mad.

1073.jpg

Gary will nose bonk my ankles to get petted but is not overly enthralled with getting picked up. He's now in socks for his hocks, so he finds that irritating.

Brandyandbunniesstuff623.jpg

006-4.jpg

Houdini and Sophie don't like getting picked up at all. Houdini will tollerate it for brushing, but will get frustrated and bite if I groom too long. Sophie kicks the crap out of me until she gets settled and then will sit on my lap for a while.

Brandy, that's a lovely picture of you & Gary. You sure are beaming.

Honey is still reserved; she mainly wants me for food, water, & keeping things clean. But she's getting more & more ok with petting. She seems to like it, where before she just tolerated it. However when she's molting she doesn't really want to be touched, as she knows it's going to include tuft pulling.

Harriet likes to sit next to me while I pet her behind the ears. She'll sit there as long as I'm petting her but as soon as I stop she will either hop off or nudge/scratch/bite/kick until I pet her again. I'll respond to a nudge, but she doesn't get rewarded with pets for the other behaviors.

Every now and then she'll sit in my lap and she doesn't mind being held like the baby in the original post from time to time (usually when she's scared she wants on my shoulder).

In the mornings I always let her out of her cage and go back to bed and wait for her to hop up to see what I'm doing. She'll lay next to me and cuddle until she gets bored and wants to play.

Brandy, absolutely love the pic of you and Becky's snuggle session. What an absolutely sweet pic. And Gary's socks are cute! Hope he at least tolerates them long enough to help his poor feet heal.

As I have 5 bunnies, there are several interactions my bunnies want from me.

Bunny Bear and Kreacher are like Brandy's Becky. They love to snuggle under my chin while being held.

Dobby tolerates being held and sounds like he's hyperventalating, so we have found sitting on my lap and me massaging his neck and ears to be what he prefers.

Neville will squirm when held, but once put down will give me bunny kisses on my nose. He does enjoy the massages as well, but they have to be in his crate. Being young (5 months) he's more interested in running about than snuggles. I think that's why I get bunny kisses.

Luna, well she's hitting that 4 month mark, start of Teenage Months. I get ears pinned back and a thump. No snuggles yet. She does like to be in your face, and a massage is tolerated for a while, but we haven't hit snuggling. Still working with her. She's a hoot.

I think there are many ways a bunny interacts, it's just the responsibility of the bunny owner to figure it out. They do give lots of signs for your to follow.

K:)

Agnes is a nudger. Nudges to say hurry up with getting me my fresh hay, nudges to be petted. Nudges if you are in the way, when I'm sitting on the floor she nudges my back....it's hysterical. Her forehead is just always pushing something.

Loves her ears scratched and she tolerates being held very well. Tolerates because does any bun really love being held? :) However, if I put one hand under her butt and the other under her front feet and hold her a few inches from my face and talk to her, she goes limp. It's so cute :)

Crumble will:

-Climb up on me, on my back, on my shoulder, on my head, etc.

- Nip me if I ignore him

- Stick his head under my hand for petting

- Tolerates being picked up and snuggled

- Scratch my pants, chase my feet, nip my toes for attention...

- Throw things from high places to get my attention...

- Loves being petted, especiallybehind the ears and nose scratches...

- Loves making me chase after him

Maybelle will:

- Run around my feet non-stop and honk loudly

- Present her head for petting

- Other than that, she prefers me to stay away :p

Rolo:

- Would like for me to stayas far away as possible. I had a big breakthrough with her the other day when she went from the bottom of her hutch to the top to take food from me. :)

Ronin loves to explore, but when he is not getting into trouble he enjoys an ear and back rub. He turns into a bunny pancake on the rug and will kick out his back feet. He tolerates being picked up, but won't snuggle when I am holding him.

Thumper likes being petted. I pet him from nose to tail. Sometimes just his nose, other times just his back. He let me pet his big, back foot for a moment but then reacted like it tickled him.

He likes to be right with me while I clean his cage. It makes an easy job a little more difficult but I don't mind 'cause he's just so darn cute.

He rubs the side of his face along me as he is sniffing. He tries chewing on any seams or wrinkles in my clothing which makes me a little nervous as bunny bites hurt. When my hair is washed and dry (no products in it) and it is hanging down he goes crazy walking through it and pushing it with his head. I was afraid he would chew it but does not.

He likes to play chase with me. When he is in a plaful mood and energetic he will binky when I talk to him. Thumper wants me to let him out of his cage when he sits looking out and either chews the cage or sits up with front feet on the side of the cage.

Peppy isn't much of a snuggler, he won't even let anyone else but me pick him up(he's always cradled like a baby).

He bites your pants and socks unless you pat him almost constantly. His favourite is cheek rubs. The foot on whatever side the cheek you're rubbing is on will twitch or lift when you pat them. It's super cute.
He also likes his face patted and isn't a big fan of you touching his back or butt.

He chews and digs all fabric, so we have to be careful with him on our laps(not that he likes being there).

He follows people around everywhere and tries to trip you.
He also mimics the cats and if I'm giving them something he has to determine if it's good first.

Alice nudges my legs and feet and if i don't stroke her she goes into a big huff and stamps her feet until i stroke her!
Then will lie there for hours getting stroked!
Whereas Bonnie and Casey, are the type of bunnies that will follow you everywhere but never ask for attention and if i do touch them they run off. But they will climb all of me, jump onto my lap and kiss my feet, but don't like being petted.
Buckley loves all his strokes and nudges my feet and legs then runs around in circles and digs at my pants just for a 'hello big boy!' and a quick pet. He is fine with getting picked up and will nudge his nose under my chin when he is having cuddles on my chest.
Bella, that i have only had for a week today is already a nudger! She also does the same thing with biting my shoe laces, and she's so cute because she stands on her hind legs and puts her front paws on my legs, as if she is saying 'Mummy please pick me up'. Then nudges under my chin like Buckley when getting cuddled. Buckley and Bella are currently getting bonded just by putting there runs and caged next to each other, and everything is going so good! Yesterday they lay against the bars of their runs next to each other it was so cute! :)

:rabbithop My bunny, Shealeigh, is an albino mini Rex. She is friendly to certain people. She loves to be stroked behind the ears, and massaged. She is scared if you pet her fast. She us skittish when you pick her up without holding her like the original post. She only bites when she's mad or when tensions rise. She only attaches herself to one person, me, and acts like anybody else is nothing. She scratches the carpet when shes wanting g to play and taps her foot when she wants out of her cage. She does nit bite nor scratch me but others she can't get along with well. She loves snuggling to watch a movie and usually falls asleep. Her eyes get big "buldgy" when she's is scared and annoyed. Other than the biting my sister thing, she's a good indoor bunny. :rabbithop

Shya just wants me to feed her.

Kai only wants to climb on me and petting, nose rubs when he feels like it

Franklin wants you to snuggle him. Full on snuggling like arm over him, face in his face, rub down.

Good question. Conan likes to come to me at times and look at me and around, but generally he keeps to himself. He's more animated with guests, and a bit with my wife. He'll let me pet him but that's about it.

It's fun reading about the different interactions bunnies want from their people!

My mini-rex, Bunny, her favorite thing is when she's lying stretched out on the floor & I kneel beside her & rub my forehead along the top of her head. She tooth purrs like crazy when I do that! :p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back