What is your rabbit pellet preference?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Hollands

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm curious to know what brand of pellets you all feed your buns (if any). Interested in why you think the pellet brand you use is the best :) Feel free to post pricing, links, or other details as well...

I feed Supreme Science Selective Adult Food (they also have a grain-free option). For the most part, I feed it because that's what both of the rescues where I got my bunnies fed, but it also has no molasses. It doesn't have a ton of ingredients so I for the most part know what is in it. And it's cheap haha.

I have been feeding Burgess Excel Adult pellets of the Mint variety because i asked for good pellet suggestions and got a link posted to me.
http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-food-comparison.aspThis link, i believe, shows the best options in green. As Burgess was the only brand of good pellets on sale literally everywhere in the nearby towns, that's what i have been buying.

Wondrously, my boys have been reacting bad to other no-name pellet brands (shady 30kg bag for 15euros, from a random storehouse, no tags, no nutridata, no packaging decor, horrible grainy taste, no nothing. That was our first boy's main pellet feed.
I asked dad to snoop for the nutridata and was met with a simple printed a4 sheet of ingredients, the first being grains, peas and maize, then alfalfa and vegetable derivatives. Absolutely no hay anyywhere. Were given an excuse that ´´summer feed needs no hay´´)

My mum still dares to argue that my bought feed is even s---tier than what dad used to buy before. She then proceeds to tell me that our previous boy was completely fine eating that old feed, and that our current boys' health issues are the fault of the new pellets. She knows full well that she's in the wrong, (won't listen to my explanations though,) and that our first boy wasn't initially planned to be kept for his full lifespan. Things went very different but we don't talk about the mournful past.

Latest posts

Back