What is the maximum age gap for trying to bond two rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gelliebean

Reaction score
Doing some serious convincing to my mom to allow me to get a companion for Momo. She is estimated around 8-9 months now. What do you think is an appropriate age for a companion for her? All of the ones at the shelter right now are all under six months.

I don’t think there is a time frame on it really. I’ve seen bonded rabbits that are several years apart. The only worry I would have is bonding a really old rabbit (like 8 years) with quite a young one because they may get depressed when the other dies. But other than that, as long as they’re both fixed, any age

So long as the other ones are fixed, they would be just fine. That would be really close in age anyway-- within a year. Anything within a couple years would be "close in age."

Any age difference is do-able. The only possible disadvantage of a large gap (5+ years) could be that the younger one may need to find another bondmate after the older one passes. (as @Apollo’s Slave stated).

I successfully bonded a pair of females. The one was 7 months old and the other is 5 years old. I don’t think it really makes a difference.

Latest posts

Back