What is my bunny doing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahsBunny

Reaction score
So I put him on my bed which I don’t do very often and he just started have mini jump spasms. He did scare me a bit lol. Not sure if hes freaked out or not can someone explain please? I'm trying to pet him which he usually lets me do but this time hes just jumping. When I put him down he just sat next to my bed staring at me on his hind legs like he wants to go back up.

Attachments

• 3EDB8A12-A8B5-4180-B5E6-0E44D91812A7.mov
    12.9 MB
I suspected it was binkying! But as a new rabbit owner I wanted to make sure :)
Glad he really likes me, i think he has a crush on me since he keep following me around and staring at me like this… 😀 SO CUTE

Attachments

• IMG_0557.MOV
    20.9 MB
He's a cutie ♥️ He clearly feels very bonded with you. Enjoy every minute of it. When they become teenagers, you never know how they'll change. Though I will say that it's usually the girls that get grumpy. The boys often just become even more affectionate(or overly affectionate) due to hormones.

Binkies are a little different than what your rabbit was doing. They're more of a head or body shake, sometimes kicking their back feet out, while the bunny jumps in the air, or even sometimes just standing there they'll do a mini binky or a head binky, where they kind of shake their body or their head, or both.

This is binkying(in slow motion).

And this video, though it's labeled binkies, it's actually not but more of the zoomies and quick turns like your rabbit was doing. Binkies, zoomies, popcorning, quick turns are all rabbit play, which is essentially rabbits feeling safe and happy enough to practice their escape moves.

And one more, just because I love it 🥰 It's a combination of zoomies, quick turns, and binkies.

Latest posts

Back