What is a good temperature setting for airconditioners for rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrozenMarch

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a new rabbit parent, and I've been doing my best to educate myself as much as possible for their sake. My adopted buns are over two months old and have been with me for a little over a week, and I'm keeping them in my room in a playpen in the day and in a large cage at night (when I'm asleep and can't watch over them). I have an AC in my room that I turn on at night, and I've had the thermostat setting at 20 to 25 degrees. I've been carefully feeling my buns' ears while petting them during the day and evening, and I notice that one of them, Rei, tends to be warmer than the other, Rai, in the day, when they have an oscillating fan, but "evens out" (I can't think of a better term, sorry) with the AC on at night, while Rai has a normal temperature in the day, but his ears feel a bit colder with the AC on (which honestly gave me a scare because of my readings on buns and hypothermia).

Can anyone suggest to me what should I do? The discrepancy between their body temperatures makes me worry so much, and I'm lost on what's a safe setting for my AC. (By the way, I live in the Philippines, a tropical country, although we're a bit cooler around this time of the year. Also, I've already scheduled a trip to the vet just in case there's anything wrong with either of them, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask what temperatures other rabbit owners set for their ACs. I'll be very thankful for any help and advice.)

I live in the UAE, so also have to have the A/C on most of the time, depending on the room. I have 2 foster buns in my spare room and have it set to 21.5-22c almost all the time and they seem fine with that.

My other 2 buns are free roam and they flit between my bedroom, which is always set at 21c and the rest of the house, where I don’t usually use the A/C until it gets over 23c. They also seem totally fine in the warmer rooms too.

Hope that helps!

Heat is the major concern for rabbits. But A/C temps at or below 25C are plenty cool for them.

If you are concerned about them getting too cold, that probably won't be a concern where you are. Anything 15C or higher is still in the "ideal" range but they can easily handle temps down to 5C.

Latest posts

Back