What I do for pellets....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyPot

Reaction score
So Oxbow is more than double the price here as it is in the U.S.

Haley has kindly brought myself and Soooska 50lb bags of pellets before, but I'm down to my last bit in my bag. I happen to be going to Buffalo to take my grandmother to the airport in a week, and I thought this was the PERFECT opportunity to get another 50lb bag!

So I looked up stores in Buffalo that carried oxbow, called a couple and someone was nice enough to order in 3 bags of the 50lb BB-T for me (one for Soooska, and maybe 2 for me if Crystalballl doesn't need a bag). Anyway, so I call them up, I planned to go down the Saturday to the airport, and this place is about 10 mins away from there... they specially ordered it in, perfect.

Today my mom calls me to tell me that she made a mistake, we have to drive my grandmother to the airport on Sunday... not Saturday.

Well, lucky me, the only day the store I ordered the bags to is closed ... is Sunday.

But I already preordered the bags... and they already have my credit card info, so I am paying for the things either way.

So now I am driving to Buffalo on Saturday to pick up 150lbs of rabbit pellets.

And then back again on Sunday to drop my grandmother off at the airport.

*sigh* I'll have to see how much gas I'm burning and if in the end I am paying more than I thought for the bags of pellets. LOL.

Good thing I love bunnies....

Nadia

How far is Buffalo?
A couple of times I drove to Calgary to get Oxbow (at Canadian prices) because Edmonton doesn't have it. It was a 3 hour drive one way. :foreheadsmack:

:D About the same - it's about a 2.5 hour drive.

Spolied buns huh?

That stinks! I was lucky that my MIL was in Scottsdale the morning I found out that a Bunny Store carries Oxbow pellets. I called her up in a rush and she went over and got 100lbs for me for $70.

Scottsdale is about 2.5 hours from me, too. So, this 100lbs should last quite a while with 3 bunnies, then the next time we need more....we will make a trip out of it :p.

Good luck getting the pellets and good luck to your grandma on her journey :).

Latest posts

Back