What have your buns destroyed lately?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is hilarious but Jeeze!
Larry I'm surprised you're house is still standing!
Ellie wins though after the dryer and refrigerator incident. Glad your hubby doesnt read your blog.

So glad mine aren't huge chewers of my stuff. Kai and Franklin are the culprits. Kai loved this one phone cord and no matter where it was he would find a way to get it and chew it to pieces. Franklin and Kai chewed up a lot of the carpet in our rent house. Thankfully it was cheap stuff and we got off easy but especially around the birds cage going after her food. Most of our stuff has cable protectors on it but Kai was obsessed with getting behind the fish tank. One day hubbys bubblers stopped working in the big tank. Someone chewed through the air hose. It's a large tank and required a long hose. Hubby so not happy. Havent heard any complaints from home yet on stuff being chewed. By the rabbits anyways. The bird is a different story!

OMG Kaley, I totally forgot about the washing machine! Ellie chewed through the water line to the washing machine! The water doesn't shut off on its own, so she got soaked and so did the floor and everything around it. The sudden blast of cold water in the face and the inability to get away fast enough, scared her away from chewing on the hose again.
I can't believe I forgot about it! haha. I'm glad my husband doesn't read my blog either! I don't think he would like to know about the other things she gets to that I don't tell him about! LOL

Other animals who like to destroy things, my chickens are pecking the paint off my back door. haha. They're constantly knocking on my door because they're pecking the already peeling old paint.
My barn cat gets into the trash a lot and spreads it everywhere! So I have to pick up trash from my cat a lot.

My bun loves to pee everywhere EXCEPT his litter box! One place being my bed, which happened just about 15 minutes ago :nope: such a naughty boy! How can i be made at a face like this though??

cage.jpg

Today, Lucy gnawed the cord to my husbands iPad. Woopsie! Luckily, no injury but in 1 bite it was ruined. Time for a new one and I'm willing to bet he learned his lesson leaving it out where she can get it.

Just today Ash ate a huge bunch of my Hobbit book. I'm going to take some pictures for you all to see. I laughed when I saw him chewing it. Don't know why, lol.

Elise...Oh No, Not the Hobbit! For shame Ash! For Shame! :D

I wanted to add that my dog is part pit bull. He's 107 lbs and although you can't tell looking at him, pure muscle. Unbelievably strong. He has the legendary pit jaws. When he pants you can see the pit smile and when you look in his mouth you can see the bunches of muscles. His teeth are to be feared (luckily he's not unless you are an evil MIL) as I know from accidently puncturing my hand on one. Now he only chews his bones when he's really wound up but when he was younger he would happily chew for hours and hours straight, never tiring. No regular bone would last more than an hour left with him. Only nyla bones can last any length of time. When he chews it is all gone, not a crumb to be found. Yet the only thing he has ever chewed he should not have was the little wooden strip that runs down the inside of the doorway to stop the door from continuing to swing. He only chewed about a foot of it.

Thumper on the other hand has proven to be much more destructive. Ha!

at the old apartment, frank destroyed : 2 chargers (one phone, one laptop), a hole in the carpet, a window sill, multiple wires for the printer and the sweeper. and when we had Luna, she chewed through a pair of headphones within a day of buying them (the 100$ kind....) he also used to sit in our closet a lot but we never knew what he was doing. until we moved and i found a shirt i had been missing and saw that he had turned it into his project because it had holes all through it. lol
but! thank god, at the new apartment; we bunny proofed from the start, and we have been here for a month and so far he has yet to destroy anything! yayy :) i keep his cage stocked with chew toys and hay, and all the wires are protected/corners protected/bad areas blocked off. its amazing how much proofing really helps.

Buttons off remotes, a few cell phone charger cables, ripped a little wallpaper up in another room, chewed a corner of my wooden cabinet, and I've only had them close to a year now so who knows what's coming next.

Wow reading all these lists, my two little hellions seem positively harmless by comparison! They've managed to get at much of my wall skirting, chewed up a couple of cords, peed all over my carpet and our old couch (since replaced and now strictly anti-bunny!) and of course regularly muss up their cage in frustration that playtime is over, but that's about the extent of it.

But I do often feel like a cantankerous, crotchety old lady when I spend my day screeching at my bunnies, "No running in the house!"/"Will you guys quit banging around?!"/"Get that out of your mouth right now!"/"That's not for eating!"/"Stop knocking things over!"/"You better keep your grubby paws away from that!"

And of course, boyfriend's forever going, "I'LL KICK YOUR FURRY BUTT YOU LITTLE PUNK"

All my sons game controller wires
The iPad charger cord (only likes the thin cords)
Baseboards (in the mud room)
Corner of old carpet (no loss)
Every card board box they can find!

I have six buns, two are big free roam French Lops so I'm thinking Ive gotten off easy!

Apparently my a Xena (most likely her) has started chewing on my wife's shoes. Some pricey ones at that. My wife is a bit upset but is taking in stride but of course is threatening to put the rabbit to work to pay off her damages. Of course I upset my wife further by reminding her it easily could have been prevented if she'd put her shoes away and that because Xena likes her this is her way of showing affection (Xena hasn't touched my stuff :))

Michael! You told her she should have put her shoes up after the rabbit ate them! Too soon man, too soon! LOL If my husband told me that, I would have given him the look to turn him to stone.
Well, my rabbit did destroy my cowboy boots. I can't say much, because I should have put them away. But aren't rabbits supposed to not like leather? I wonder if it just has a good texture? haha.

My sister brought back a sack of cotton candy for us to share and at some point Clark to the whole bag and ran off with it. My Dad laughed as my sister and I chased him around trying to catch him.

I find that, no matter how many chew toys I buy, Lucy loves nothing more than cords, baseboards, walls, the hardwood floors, furniture & her litter box.

Had my Barney boy 8days and so far he has taken up a corner of carpet, my bra strap my blanket and bitten a hole in my carpet. So naughty

Last edited:
Oh my god I am so glad that my girls are just fine in their room! Mind you, it is my art room - they've chewed a hole through a very expensive piece of paper (it was $7 a sheet...), peed all over the carpet, destroyed foam mats, torn holes into the tarp, and chewed on the vacuum cord. The vacuum isn't even mine! Oh and they like to "help" me open their litter bag. Usually from the bottom. And then spread the pellets everywhere. ... So maybe they're not "just fine" in their room...

Attila seems pretty good so far but he doesn't get much free run. He did, however, start chewing a bit of tarp he could get at - while ignoring the toys I'm giving him!

Cords of course! Most recently my rental laptop cord which I was not impressed about! Hahaha. Even funnier though, my boyfriend's a chef and silly him left his white chefs shirts to finish drying on our lounge chair before he went to work... and 2 bunnies peed on them, and they're very well litterbox trained. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back