What have your buns destroyed lately?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitelop

Morgan
Reaction score
I figured I would start a thread about the things our buns destroy.
I know it happens all the time, there is no such thing as completely bunny proofing anything.
Or if you don't have a destructive rabbit, what is something weird that your bun has eaten lately?

I'll start us off. Ellie recently has destroyed:
1. My kitchen rug, today as a matter of fact.
2. My broom.
3. The wood in her cabinet.
4. My refrigerator.
5. Her litter box.
6. My leather cowboy boots, I thought rabbits were vegetarians?
And she eats cat food and/or dog food on a daily basis.

So what bad things do your buns do? Or strange things do they eat?

Nothing Zero is an angel, he does however have an obsession with licking carpet and plastic (probably from being syringe fed) He also used to have a tiny fuzzy sheepskin bed he loved he groomed it regularly but my dog ate it.

My old rabbit and my parrot have both eaten buttons off seperate remotes
My current 2 got behind a tv and destroyed speaker wires, tv power cord, 50ft of tv cable, an auxillery cable, cord for a PS controller.
Seperate spot they destroyed the cord to a power bar, embroidery digitizer, mouse cord.....
Needless to say they no longer get free time in the house.... Especially when they seem to favour wires and electronics. They left all the books papers and fabric alone and went for the high value items.

To top it all off they had to jump a 3ft barrier to get to these items.... So....

The couch which is leather or any blanket we use to cover the couch with. He did eat a hole in my daughters pants the other day. And she was wearing them at the time. Silly bun.

Oh boy...Jovi lives with my son in a 35 foot RV on our property. We've tried best we can to bun-proof things...so far it's been:

The buttons off the remote.
She chewed/dug a hole in the carpet.
Ripped a small patch of the wallpaper off the wall.
A couple of rubber thingys that hold compartments latched.
She's chewed a hole in the plastic grid of one of the baby gates.
She's pee'd on his bed, his pillows and his couch.
She trashes her condo at least every other day by digging and making the litterbox contents fly.

Gosh we sure do love that bunny!

I accidentally dropped my computer and Omar sent me his. I just now noticed the power cord isnt working very well and on closer inspection noticed two spots that have been taped together. Apparently a very giant baby got a hold of it on one of his runs through the house. Makes me laugh but at the same time these stupid power cables are quite expensive.

These lists do make me laugh.

Here's Bandit's Tally:
-Laptop power cable
-Pulled up some carpet
-The foam mats that I bought specifically for him (easily replaced though)
-My shoelaces on a number of different shoes
-He's taken a little bite out of a couch corner
-There's a bunny shaped teeth-hole in my ugg boots
-Holes all the way through two towels and his tunnel (a tunnel which lasted me years without any holes with my last rabbit)
-And of course, countless boxes, but he can have those.

You know I saw this topic earlier in my night and delightfully thought I have nothing to add here so moved on. Well while I'm working I get a "your bunnies have been bad call" and find out one of them, oh who am I kidding I'm pretty sure its my wild girl Xena, chewed up my wifes purse. Sigh...and things were going so well.

Oh yes. I forgot about the laptop power supply cord. One down, two nibbles out of the second one. We've gotta figure out how to keep that one from happening again.

You know I saw this topic earlier in my night and delightfully thought I have nothing to add here so moved on. Well while I'm working I get a "your bunnies have been bad call" and find out one of them, oh who am I kidding I'm pretty sure its my wild girl Xena, chewed up my wifes purse. Sigh...and things were going so well.

Uh oh! If she gets a taste for leather (if thats what your wifes purse was) then she'll seek out the leather! Ellie has this built in leather tracker and always finds the leather.

These lists are great! haha. I've laughed at all of them.

I should add to my list of weird things that Ellie has eaten, a Mosquito Dunks. She got them down last night and nibbled on one of them. (Don't worry, they're organic and safe for consumption since they go in water.)

Thumper chews on his cage all the time when he wants out and sometimes when he is out. He will chew furiously on one side of the doorway when he is out for a moment, move to the other side and repeat the furious chewing and then will move back to the other side. He will do this anywhere from 3 times to 7. Yep, should have named him Sheldon. Ha!

He managed to escape his room once while I was not home and chewed the cords to 2 candle Christmas lights, a mouse trap, cords to the PC but left all of the paper alone. He is now kept in his cage when no one is home.

He has also chewed a good bit of our wall and door trim in his room even after putting on everything from lemon juice to bar soap to habanero sauce. He seemed to like it. Carpet in two spots.The plastic trim piece that hangs from the bottom of the front door. The little rubber tabs on my lap top. No sitting with him while on the puter. My vacuum cord in 3 seconds flat. A hay rack. He has chewed a hole in three different baby gates. A book. I think that's it but I could be forgetting something. Oh also a bit of the new buns coroplast part of their cage. He seems to prefer what he shouldn't chew as his room is and always has been full of cardboard, boxes, telephone books and wood he can chew.

The new buns broke their hay rack. Mostly I think it's the brown bun as I see him digging at it like crazy if they run out of hay and they do eat a lot of it everyday. He has also jumped into it. They have also chewed some coroplast. The pond liner we were first using for a bottom for their cage. Their destruction is limited as they have not been out of the cage yet.

I almost didn't have anything to add, but then just this morning the husband called me and told me Mordin chewed the side of his floor mat to bits. Now I have rubber pieces everywhere...not sure how he even got ahold of it since it's edge is outside the edges of his cage. I also thought it was too tough for him to bite through, guess now!

If my rabbits were indoor pets, I'm sure that they would have destroyed many things by now, but they are safely locked away in their hutches!

When I put Moss in his hutch for the first time, he hopped around, then reached down and ate a potato bug (also called a roly-poly)! Poor thing! Like someone stated before, aren't rabbits supposed to be vegetarians?

paint.

Not even kidding, she's chewed a circle of peach paint off the wall behind her recliner. Doesn't do it anywhere else. Stopped when it reached a certain spot and hasn't touched it in months. It was a work of dedication because she had to sneak it and I kept interrupting her by catching her at it and chasing her away.

Also a lot of the furniture has gnaw marks on it from when she was younger and growing her jaw muscles. So the hamsters chew through my fabric and the bunny works on the wood. And paint.

It would be a shorter list of things NOT destroyed, and we'd need a large strage locker to hold all the "evidence". Cords, name any type. Furniture--chairs, tables, end tables, coffee tables, dressers, couches, pillows. Rugs, baseboards, walls. Shoes and shoe laces. Baby gates, my portable hammock, folding chairs and an easy up canopy that I thought was safely put out of reach. Printer cables and 2 sound systems. Good thing they're cute!

Funny thing that you post this thread right now-Ripley is completely delighted as now I have a use for his list of things he's just started destroying. In the past two weeks, he's gotten really into chewing. He was always a perfect lil' bun who wouldn't touch a thing (besides many nose bonks and licking the occational item.). The first thing was cords. Now he loves any and every cord- bit my expensive clocks cord in two. (Thankfully there was a transformer so he didn't get shocked or anything) Now, he's biting coffee tables, couches, and lots of things. Too bad a just gave him free run of a room; I think I'll have to put him back in an xpen if this continues.

Latest posts

Back