What happened to my neat and tidy bunny????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrixieRabbit

Reaction score
Trix is a SLOB! Holy cow! Last week me and my hubby were away for our 1 yr wedding anniversary and left Trix with the rabbit vet to be boarded while we were away. When I came back and brought her home, I swear I brought home a different bunny! She went from peeing and pooping MOSTLY in her litterbox (since she hit puberty, it's been hit or miss, mostly miss) to kicking and digging ALL the litter OUT of her litterbox and peeing on the litter that gets strewn about the cage floor! I even put the litter box inside a bigger cardboard box to contain some of the mess and all she did was pee on the cardboard so I had to throw that away.

Tonight it's off to the pet store to see if I can find a deeper cat litter box to keep her from kicking out all the litter...

I think Trixie is just expressing her anger about being left for a week. Rabbits can't talk, but they sure know how to let us know when they're upset!

Oh, my little rebellious teenage bunny! How can I win back her love???

Actually, she's been EXTRA mushy since she's been home! She circles me over and over and lays next to me with her feet stretched out behind her, nudging me over and over until I pet her. As soon as I touch her, she melts into the carpet and will stay there for hours if my arms didnt get tired from petting her so long!

She's USING me for pets! OMG! lolol

OH, I did forget to add that day 1 back home, when I got home from work, the mess also included taking all her hay out of the hay bale and strewing THAT across the cage floor, as well as TUFTS OF FUR!!!! I have a crazy bunny on my hands! I can't wait until September so I can spay her.....

With a breakfrom her regular routine, she forgot or disregarded all her good habits.
Pebbles is being rebellious too. With the new dog in our home, she sometimes pees just outside of her litterbox.

Rainbows! :disgust:

She's not just a pee-er -she's a digger, a chewer, a jumper and a nudger! lol. I think she was livin' the good life at the vets and just got used to people cleaning up after her mess! :mad:What a princess she is! lol....but I still love her so much!

Put a cake rack in her litter box with the litter. That will keep her from digging it out. Gretchen used to dig every last bit of litter out of her box. When I put the cake rack in, it stopped instantly.

Latest posts

Back