What grass and weeds can rabbits eat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I had saw someone saying if you can’t get greens for your bunny then you could give them grass. I looked up rabbit safe plants but I still can’t identify every single type of plant in the yard. Is there anything I should avoid plant wise? Everyone’s yards are super grown out and I did see plenty of clover and dandelions. Is there anyone that can help me trying to figure out which things I can give to my bunny?

Dandelions and clovers are my rabbits favourites.
Safe plants with pictures: Pet Safe Plants. Plants generally considered nontoxic for pets
When I’m unsure about something I just pull it out. One thing you could do is just let him roam around. Maybe in a place that has only grass. If anything, you could send a picture of your garden and I and others will hopefully be able to tell what’s safe and unsafe

You can also get an app on your phone called "Picture This." It takes pictures of the plant and identifies it for you, that way you can just google "Is (the plant identified) safe for rabbits?"

If you aren't sure on plant identification, best be safe and not feed it. Stick with the ones you know for certain.

Oh of course! I made sure I knew everything for 100% before picking so I really only got like 5 dandelions and a few clovers

All untreated grass is fine. Pretty much all weeds too, if fed in moderation and if there are options to chose from. Anyway, introduce it slowly, over a week or so.

In some regions the risk of bringing in diseases should be taken into account.

I only have him one for the past few days and it seems to be adjusting pretty good. Good thing is the area I live in doesn’t use pesticides on weeds so no chemicals have touched anything. I washed everything off with water too and let it sit in an area away from him to dry to make sure nothing was still there.

Latest posts

Back