What fresh foods or treats do your rabbits like?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogwoodblossoms

Reaction score
I’m curious on what others feed their rabbits as treats and fresh foods, I’ll start.
- Basil (all my rabbits LOVE it)
- Kale (I don’t give them lettuce so they love it as well)
- Tomatoes [cherry] (I’d say about half of my rabbits like them)
- Mint (this is their first time having it so I’m not 100% they like it)
- Cheerios [original Cheerios] (all of mine get a few every night and they go CRAZY)
- Marigold (I’d say 4/6 of my rabbits like it)
- Thyme (it’s been a while since we’ve had it so I’m not sure how many still like it)
- Cilantro (they all like this one fine enough)
- Oregano (I again haven’t had this in a while and if I remember correctly they all like it)
- Banana (on the rare occasion, I roll it in oats)
- Oats

I have one rabbit that really likes parsley but as a rule I don't generally give vegetables as treats

Mine like oats and black oil sunflower seeds (unlike normal sunflower seeds the rabbits can digest the shells and the oils can help their coat). Occasionally I give banana or calf manna as a treat

I have one rabbit that really likes parsley but as a rule I don't generally give vegetables as treats

Mine like oats and black oil sunflower seeds (unlike normal sunflower seeds the rabbits can digest the shells and the oils can help their coat). Occasionally I give banana or calf manna as a treat
I also give my rabbits parsley which they eat fine. I give them an apple slice sometimes. I’ve heard of the sunflower seeds but I might have to try it if it helps their coats. Calf-mana I only really give to my wet does, I’ve never heard of it for all rabbits, which I might need to try.

Odyssey basically loves everything haha but here are her fav veggies in no particular order
-kale
-mint
-parsely
-basil
-cilantro
-celery leaves

Here are her fav fruits
- banana
- peach
-blueberries
- apple
-asian pear
- plum
- raspberry

Odyssey basically loves everything haha but here are her fav veggies in no particular order
-kale
-mint
-parsely
-basil
-cilantro
-celery leaves

Here are her fav fruits
- banana
- peach
-blueberries
- apple
-asian pear
- plum
- raspberry
Never tried pear, plum or peach, but I know at least three of my rabbits like raspberries and celery greens!

Zero, and I mean zero, fresh fruit for my little Freya. I've tried just about everything. She's so weird about fresh fruit. She won't eat it. Her favorite fresh food is Romaine Lettuce. She's loved the introduction of Mint the last couple of days. She likes Dandelion Greens and Rosemary but they're not her favorite and she could take it or leave it.

Zero, and I mean zero, fresh fruit for my little Freya. I've tried just about everything. She's so weird about fresh fruit. She won't eat it. Her favorite fresh food is Romaine Lettuce. She's loved the introduction of Mint the last couple of days. She likes Dandelion Greens and Rosemary but they're not her favorite and she could take it or leave it.
That’s so funny! I never heard of a rabbit who doesn’t like fruit!
Also, at the mention of dandelion, did you know that the dandelion root is good for urinary tract infections? I used it once and it actually worked.

My rabbits favorite treat is dried orange peels, they really like chewing on them.🍊
Also they love sunflower leaves. 🌻
I will have to try the orange peel. I've never heard of that.

Romaine
Collard greens
Brussell sprouts. Only if occasionally
Arugula
Basil
Celery only if occasionally
Thyme
Apple
Banana
Blueberry
Strawberry only if occasionally

Does not like
Green or red peppers
Squash

His absolute favorite food so far is banana. We call it bunny crack. He gets one small slice almost every night.

My vet told me to feed my Rabbit Romaine lettuce in very small quants

My vet told me to feed my Rabbit Romaine lettuce in very small quants
Any reason why? It's one of the main leafy greens I've found on every "feed daily" list I've come across. Is your vet confusing Romaine with Iceberg, which should never be fed? Freya has had a cup of Romaine almost every day we've had her. No diarrhea or other issues with it.

Latest posts

Back