What does your family and friends think about your relationship with your rabbit(s)?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've never understood why people care what kind or how many (unless of course it is hoarding) animals you have. My ex when he was breaking said one of the reasons was because I like animals as much as I do (I only had two at that time, a cat and a gecko). I know it was an excuse because he was a selfish a-hole, but it was still a pretty lame/petty excuse.
Oh and I've had my stepdad's mom tell me I would never get a man if I have animals. True she never had pets so does not understand people wanting pets but still I got a little livid with that one. In my experience I'd rather have the animals than some guy who hates animals, or really any of the guys that have been interested in me (that's another story).

My family always laughs and says we have a zoo here! Now that time has progressed, they have stopped calling all of my animals rats and think they are rather cute and amusing

It really bothers me how my family (boyfriend included) love an animal only after the hard work has been done (cage cleaning, grooming, TRAINING).... They love the animals when they're well trained, but when they're not, the animal is simply "dumb" and "useless"...

I have 2 ferrets, 1 rabbit, and 2 birds and I love all of them to death. They all have dramatically different personalities but all amazing in their own ways!

My family always laughs and says we have a zoo here! Now that time has progressed, they have stopped calling all of my animals rats and think they are rather cute and amusing

It really bothers me how my family (boyfriend included) love an animal only after the hard work has been done (cage cleaning, grooming, TRAINING).... They love the animals when they're well trained, but when they're not, the animal is simply "dumb" and "useless"...

I have 2 ferrets, 1 rabbit, and 2 birds and I love all of them to death. They all have dramatically different personalities but all amazing in their own ways!

My family doesn't think I'm crazy because my siblings have bunnies too, but my extended family thinks I'm a little nuts at times!

In the last year my family and I have spent $1,200+ in the past year. Call me crazy, but I love them! lol

The only people who need to know how much I spend is my husband so he's the only one I tell. And I even keep some costs from him to spare myself the comments. but the rest of my family doesn't need to know and I don't need their opinions either. So I keep that stuff to myself. =D

As for their opinions about our little personal zoo at my house? They can go stuff it. :)

My parents and sister think that I'm insane for loving my bun so much. They don't understand how much more loving Flower is to me than my dog. They think that rabbits don't need any physical exercise, let alone mental exercise. They complain about her pooping and peeing all over the house, when she doesn't even do that. Whenever I buy toys or treats for her, they just don't think that you should spend so much money on something so small and 'insignificant.' I just want them to understand how much joy this little bundle of joy brings to me, just by wanting to be loved and pet. For how much joy and love she gives me, I would spend any amount of money to keep her happy and healthy c:

People think we are weird for keeping them indoors. I have had random strangers flat out say "your house must stink" but you can eat off my floor. My MIL flip/flops from saying "my grand bunnies" to "ITS JUST A RABBIT" when they need vet care. But anyone that has a problem can kiss my.....rabbits.

My family love my bunnies, everyone in my family are animal lovers! and since getting my bunnies everyone has learnt more about bunnies and some have got one themselves!

Larryng - its costing you 600 dollars to get your bunny fixed!? It costs £90 to get males and £110 to get females neutered here in the UK. :)

Hahaha Ooooh I like that picture too.

My family does call me a bit of a crazy cat lady (I only have two) doesn't bother me at all since they mean it good naturedly. Besides my mom has way more cats than I do.

It took a little convincing but I got my mom on board the bunny train. She even drove me to Bakersfield to pick him up (I live in Sac County, 10 hour drive round trip) my dad didn't really agree with it. He said the drive wasn't worth it. My mom doesn't mind as long as my room stays clean. (Working on that, he's still a baby so he has quite a few "accidents" during play time).

Latest posts

Back