What Does The VC Mean With Holland Lops?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISAC QUIN HOOER

Reaction score
Hello!

Just wanted to know what the BEW, VC, VM, and other things like that mean. Im interested in buying a pair of holland lops and wanted to know what those things mean, it is bit over my head...

Thanks for your help!

It means Blue eyed white (BEW) Vienna Mark (VM) and Vienna Carrier (VC) if you are looking to show rabbits, do not invest in the breeding pair as they are not showable. If you want some adorable pets they are beautiful! Just to let you know that these rabbits tend to have eye issues as they have blue eyes which are sensitive to sunlight.

It means Blue eyed white (BEW) Vienna Mark (VM) and Vienna Carrier (VC) if you are looking to show rabbits, do not invest in the breeding pair as they are not showable. If you want some adorable pets they are beautiful! Just to let you know that these rabbits tend to have eye issues as they have blue eyes which are sensitive to sunlight.
Thank you! do the BEW, VC and the VM's sell for more? 🤔:)

Yes! I have often found they do sell for more, at least in my experience. When I bought my VM Holland Bun she was 4x as much as my other non-Vienna Hollands. My sweet girl does have sensitive blue eyes, especially from the light and dust, but they absolutely breathtaking!!

Thank you! do the BEW, VC and the VM's sell for more? 🤔:)
Irresponsible breeders often sell them for more (just like backyard breeders will sell silver labs or panda GSDs for more) but they are usually not very popular with show breeders because BEWs almost always have worse conformation and VMs aren't allowed to be shown. If you see somebody charging more for VMs, instead of less, that is a breeder that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Irresponsible breeders often sell them for more (just like backyard breeders will sell silver labs or panda GSDs for more) but they are usually not very popular with show breeders because BEWs almost always have worse conformation and VMs aren't allowed to be shown. If you see somebody charging more for VMs, instead of less, that is a breeder that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.
Agreed. I forgot to add that the breeder we got her from was definitely unreasonable and irresponsible. That being said, I do find VMs to be more expensive from my experience.

Latest posts

Back