What Does G and W Stand For In A Pedigree?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LopsAreGreat

Reaction score
I have a Blue Harlequin Mini Lop buck and am confused about the pedigree colors. Everything else makes sense except where it says something like: Tricolor - W/Blu/G-Fawn or Tricolor - W/Blk/G-Org. What does the W and G stand for? I’d really like to understand the pedigree a bit more. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Maybe W- white and G - grey. It would think it has to do with the coloring, so those would seem the most likely. But I'm just guessing. Or if you have a contact for the breeder, I would ask them.

I have a Blue Harlequin Mini Lop buck and am confused about the pedigree colors. Everything else makes sense except where it says something like: Tricolor - W/Blu/G-Fawn or Tricolor - W/Blk/G-Org. What does the W and G stand for? I’d really like to understand the pedigree a bit more. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
In this case it would be White/Blue/Golden-Fawn and White/Black/Golden-Orange.
Those color names are completely redundant, but it is how it is listed in the standard (whoever wrote the tricolor standard for mini lops decided to be extra and write "golden" in front of fawn and orange). All tricolors have white, all dense tricolors have orange and all dilute tricolors have fawn, so most people just shorten it to Blue Tricolor or Black Tricolor. The official way to write those colors on registration papers is Black/Orange Tri-color or Blue/Fawn Tri-color

In this case it would be White/Blue/Golden-Fawn and White/Black/Golden-Orange.
Those color names are completely redundant, but it is how it is listed in the standard (whoever wrote the tricolor standard for mini lops decided to be extra and write "golden" in front of fawn and orange). All tricolors have white, all dense tricolors have orange and all dilute tricolors have fawn, so most people just shorten it to Blue Tricolor or Black Tricolor. The official way to write those colors on registration papers is Black/Orange Tri-color or Blue/Fawn Tri-color
Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back