What do you read?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CosmosMomma wrote:
I just finished reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, for the second time. I read it on PDF cause I'm always broke, but I finally ordered the physical book because of all the old photographs in it.

I read that book last Christmas on the way to Pittsburgh, but I started reading it late at night. Some of the pictures really freaked me out. hahaha.
Its a good book though, I really liked it.

I love Kaya Scodelario!
She is one of my favorite actors and SO BEAUTIFUL! Bronwyn was the really strong girl wasn't she? I can't remember all of it.

Planetjanessa, I read A stolen life too...i cried through the whole thing! Very good book and very very sad how the system failed her so many times

I just finished "Fingersmith" by Sarah Waters. Really, really good. It was unexpected good which are the best kind :) a stranger at a book sale saw me pick it up to look at it and told me to get it wouldn't be disappointed and she was right!

Tolstoys "Anna Karenina" is on my book shelf to read. I've heard it's a slow boring read but it's on my book bucket list, so to speak, so I will make myself read it. Anyone read it?

I am an avid reader. I read every night before I fall asleep. I love fantasy ( Jaquline Carey is my favorite author) but my guilty pleasure is historical romance.

I am reading a really good and sadly needed book- Fight Like a Girl...and Win: Defense Decisions for Women by: Lori Hartman Gervasi

I am a weenie, much more a whinney the pooh type than a fighter. However, I found that as I lose weight I have been feeling very vunerable because guys are starting to see me, where I was invisible before. I took a 2 hour self defense class and this book was recommended. It has been helpful because it is realistic without trying to scare you into being paranoid. Unfortunately being female puts us in a position of being more vulnerable, this teaches us how to use what we have to our advantage in a confrontation.

I've recently been reading all of Joe McKinneys zombie books, Cherie Priests books and Gail Carrigers.
All much loved books on my bookshelf are anything by Jonathan Safran Foer, Margaret Atwood, Poppy Z Brite, White Oleander by Janet Fitch, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and a tonne of gardening and plant books.
And I've read the Harry Potter serious too many time to count (I read it when I'm feeling ill or sad- its very comforting =P).
In my to read pile, I have a huge stack of Neil Gaiman books, and pretty copy of everything Lewis Carrol wrote and and the first of the Game of Thrones books.
If anybody doesn't know about it yet, goodreads.com is a fabulous website for book recommendations based on what you've read. =P

I read Anna Karenina in high school and it can be slow and boring, but it's mainly because there are so many people to keep track of and their social class (lords, earls, etc). There is also a lot of French and other languages that isn't translated so there were some parts I had no idea what was going on. But if you can get through all of that it's a good story!

I also love love love Alexander Dumas and have read The Count of Monte Cristo and The Three Musketeers more times than I can count! Historical fiction are my favorite so the book table at Costco is a guilty pleasure for me to browse :). Currently I'm reading The Game of Thrones series. It's kind of like The Lord of the Rings fantasy type but with medieval kings and princes and all that. Terry Brooks' Shannara books are good too and also good ole Chronicles of Narnia.

And of course I have my moments of cheesy romance novellettes and the Shades of Gray and Twilight series. :p

I love reading and would spend alot more time doing so if I had the time. I will read just about anything except for romances. I was reading one many years ago and the author likened the womans breast to a sea urchin. I stopped reading it and never picked up another,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to my local library. They are just a small one but very close to my house but every time I have gone they have been closed even though I looked up the hours.

I am now thinking of buying a kindle, nook, etc. I can't afford to spend too much every time I need a new book since I read so fast.

I'm horrible at remembering authors and titles since I read so much but I have read all of JRR Tolkiens books, Watership Down, most of Stephen Kings books, most of the Dune series but stopped 'cause they're just too depressing, all of James Herriot's books, Agatha Christy (I love old mysteries), A Child Called It...

Right now I am so desperate I have begun to read the books my stepdaughters bring home from school, luckily they all at least read a few grades above their grade level. The twins are both into the Hardt Boys right now ande it's kinda cool to go back reading them since I did as a kid myself.

Latest posts

Back