What do you read?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandoliver

Reaction score
I love reading it is something I could do for hours. What do you read? I like romance, horror, mystery, anything really. I'm more into young adult fiction but I also LOVE Dean Koontz and Emily Griffin I believe is her name. Books I like Hunger Games Trilogy, Something Borrowed (and sequels), Thomas Odd books, The Great Gatsby.. I liked Twilight back in 8th grade when it wasnt a huge movie and as obnoxious lol. Right now I am reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, it is weird but good! Started it tonight and am at page 135 already! I'm in Washington and needed a book because I forgot mine at home or id be finishing the Something Borrowed books.. I also want to read 50 Shades of Gray, my bf just bought me the first book and I get it when I get home. :) What kinds of books do you read or are into?

I love to read and tend to have a couple books going at one time so I can match my mood. I read a wide mix of fiction and nonfiction.
Currently I am reading-

Dummie's guide to how to thive in the work place (nonfiction)
A rabbit nutrition book (nonfiction)
Celery stalks at midnight (Bunnicula serries)- this is the bunny's night night book I am readying out loud to them
A world without end (fiction, sci fy)
Nepolian's private parts (funny history)
a book about fibromyalgia (nonfliction)
one by Linda Leal Miller (cheesy cowboy romance)

We had tried to get a book club going on here, but no one would partissipate in the discussions so it died. I was rather dissapointed.

I LOVE reading! I'm never without a book and it's one of my favorite hobbies outside my family and Agnes :)

Right now I'm reading "Angela's Ashes" but Frank McCourt. A well known memoir critically acclaimed (Pulitzer I think?) it is amazing.

Before that I read "Welcome to the World, Baby Girl" by Fannie Flagg. She's the author of "Fried Geeen Tomatoes" which is one of my favorite movies. This book was fabulous too.

Some of my all time faves:
Watership Down by Richard Waters. It's about rabbits! A most amazing book!! A must read!!

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini....seriously one of the hardest books to read, so emotional, but fantastic.

I could go on and on. I always have to read a book. It is a huge love of mine.

Angela's Ashes is such a sad book. :(

I like older fiction mostly, some newer books too of course, but that's just what I tend to read and like. My favorite books ever are Watership Down (You're right Lisa, it's an awesome book! It's the reason why I fell in love with rabbits when I was younger. :)), Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass, and Peter Pan. I also like horror, like Stephen King, Edgar Allen Poe, H.P. Lovecraft... I just bought H.P. Lovecraft: The Complete Fiction and I'm working on reading it, it's a hefty 1098 pages but well worth it. Oh, and I almost forgot Victor Hugo, The Hunchback of Notre Dame is an amazing, beautiful book, I never read all of Las Miserables but I own it, I'm going to read it someday...

Also, I'm not usually a fan of nonfiction, but I read Born to Run for my summer homework for AP Language, it's about a tribe of running people called the Tarahumara (my boyfriend's ancestors were members of the tribe, that's why I picked it) and it's an AMAZING book, very good read.

I have read all of Les Miserables, that is the one book I suggest abbridged. Who needs 50 pages on the french sewer system? or 5 pages on why a dude preferred brown eggs? I just wanted to scream "get to the point already!" In general I love a good thick book too. *shrugs*

I forgot the books I'm reading on my nook too... I bought 75 classic books for $3! So I'm reading Pride and Predudice in the one volume and Treasure Island in the other volume.

I love to hold a book, there's just something great about having a book in your hands. However, some days my pain levels are to the point that I can't. That's where the nook is wonderful that I can prop it up in bed and not have to hold it or turn pages.

I also LOVE watership down. I read it to the SPCA rabbits outloud. I am happy to say that none have made it all the way through the book yet, they get adopted quicker than that. Sometimes the people think I'm nuts though hehehehee

I love to read and am never without a book
I have a wide range of what I like to read but mostly Charles Bukowski, Hunter S Thompson, Anthony Burgess, William Burroughs, Jack Kerouk and Bret Easton Ellis. I also got hooked on the Dexter book (thanks to watching the series on Showtime) and have read every one.
I also like books about music/bands. I'm actually reading the Keith Richards book right now.
If there isn't a book club in your area, you should start one!!!

daisyandoliver wrote:
I was going to read Kite Runner for my final for English but I ended up not reading it. :/

I started reading the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Sons (the sort of sequel) and couldn't make it through either of them. I get SO emotionally involved with the characters in the books I read and I just couldn't make it through these two. If you do try them, put aside some time to mourn!

I loved reading the Hunger Games too. My favorite series has to be Harry Potter though :D I read the Twilight series before the movies and I really enjoyed them (well ok, I enjoyed the first book, and then after that it kinda went down hill!). I've been reading Pride and Prejudice since it's one of my favorite movies. I got the complete collection of Jane Austin books for 99 cents on Kindle. Score! So I'll be reading Emma, Mansfield Park, and Sense and Sensibility soon!

cwolfec wrote:
daisyandoliver wrote:
I was going to read Kite Runner for my final for English but I ended up not reading it. :/

I started reading the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Sons (the sort of sequel) and couldn't make it through either of them. I get SO emotionally involved with the characters in the books I read and I just couldn't make it through these two. If you do try them, put aside some time to mourn!

The Kite Runner is a very emotional book. But it is so good though!! I thought about that book for weeks after....

Has anyone read "A Child Called It"? now that is a book that scarred me. I wonder why I read it. I bawled through the whole thing.

The Kite Runner is a very emotional book. But it is so good though!! I thought about that book for weeks after....

Has anyone read "A Child Called It"? now that is a book that scared me. I wonder why I read it. I bawled through the whole thing.

I just looked up The child called it, I think it will be a bit too much for me to read. However, I did notice reference to another book in the reviews "Why, mommy why" that looks very fascinating. It's focus is less on the abuse and more on the psychology. Has anyone read it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005WKHBAA/ref=cm_cr_asin_lnk

Last edited by a moderator:
MiniLopHop wrote:
I just looked up The child called it, I think it will be a bit too much for me to read. However, I did notice reference to another book in the reviews "Why, mommy why" that looks very fascinating. It's focus is less on the abuse and more on the psychology. Has anyone read it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005WKHBAA/ref=cm_cr_asin_lnk

I haven't read that one. But yes, a child called it was horrendous!!! He was on Oprah and has triumphed over the abuse so that is what got me through.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just placed an order on 2 books

Rabbits for dummies & the Jaycee Dugard a stolen life, a true story of a girl kidnapped held hostage for 18 years.
She was held hostage in a area i use to live.

I love almost all books, at my school people just say "Where is this book and TADA!"
I love Rick Riordan, Suzanne Collins, J.K. Rowling and many many many more.
It's my dream to be like the author's above.

Jj

Latest posts

Back