What do you guys use for a hay feeder?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snap wrote:
My inside bun has a little plastic ball, this thing.
I also use them outdoors too because they can only get a little at a time so they eat most of the hay. They can't play with the hay but can play with the ball.

Some of my indoor cages are low enough where the rabbit standing up can reach the hay I put on top of the cage. Works much better than a rack.

Elf Mommy, what's a Pet taxi?:?

Susan
hase291.gif

This is an idea that I got from Amy, and it's also from Ikea. I love how much hay they hold, but I have to admit, they are still just as messy as anything else I've tried.

100_0845.jpg

Kathy

SOOOSKA wrote:
Elf Mommy, what's a Pet taxi?:?

Susan
hase291.gif
Elf's Pet Taxi is the carrier that I use whenever I take her somewhere. She uses it as a sort of bed in her cage. That way, she's already comfortable in it, and I can just take it out, put the door on, and off we go! :)

5-25-08031.jpg

I bought this from petsmart and it works great for storm if I had more then one bun I would have to add another bin somewhere on his cage. But I will anyway.

I have to fill this up 2 times a day. But that means storm hay is always fresh.

I also put a old tide box under it for collections Of hay I spill. Storm really does not make a mess. Cause he cant get it outside of the cage.

SDC10186-1.jpg

One of it full

SDC10145-1.jpg

One of it empty right after I brought it home

I went out and got some of the hay racks like Mrs. PBJ uses for Storm. My bunnies have recently decided they like pulling the hay out of the top of the hay rack they had before, and they would waste a lot of it, making a HUGE mess in the process.

The new racks have been up for about a day now, but I don't think they like them. They haven't eaten half the hay they normally would eat in that time. I have seen them eating from them, they know how to use them and don't have problems. I just think they don't like them. Also, they are a little narrower at the top than the old hay rack, and Jason is making an enormous mess (outside the pen this time) putting hay in. (We carry the hay from the storage container to the pens with a plastic dustpan.)

*sigh*

I think I will leave the one up for Tobi for now, and hope she takes to it. I will leave one new hay rack up for Nick and Amelia, and also replace their old hay rack. That way they will have access to extra hay, since they normally run out of hay a few times during the day. (I sometimes have to fill the old hay rack 3 or 4 times, just in the evening after work.:shock:)

I will keep looking for a good way to feed their hay. (Sadly, no Ikea here.) Those two just eat SO MUCH hay! And they love to make a mess doing it!

(I clogged my new vacuum last week, cleaning around their cage, there was so much hay!)

Awww, great ideas ..I just wish I wasn't so darned allergic to the hay, haha - have to have my 13yr.old daughter put it out for the buns in their pen - but it's worth it to see them munching away happily..sigh

yes,i had the same experience,even though i buy my orchard grass by the bale,i use it in their poop boxes and an ingeinius grass/hay bin,..what is it ,well i went to lowes hardware store and saw a nice white metal fence about 12 in.high in a roll-20 ft.long,..cut off about 16in. or so and wired it tothe stahl/fence/now -i had a place to store their grasses,..then one day a smart bunny said,.ha,ha,i can still pull all of it out, so i wired his tighter to the stahl/fence and -no -more problems,the bunny said thank you now let me show you a binky,..sincerely james waller:pray:

everything ive tried for mine ends up being used as a toy. the hay is pulled out and strewn over the floor. bunnies! i guess it's the same for most of us. we buy them lovely feeding bowls, veg racks and hay racks and they repay us by throwing it everywhere! dont even get me started about the bunny boutique in pets at home. daughter would buy the lot for them:rollseyes

hartleybun wrote:
everything ive tried for mine ends up being used as a toy. the hay is pulled out and strewn over the floor. bunnies! i guess it's the same for most of us. we buy them lovely feeding bowls, veg racks and hay racks and they repay us by throwing it everywhere! dont even get me started about the bunny boutique in pets at home. daughter would buy the lot for them:rollseyes
Aaah I love the bunny boutique stuff! I'm always looking at it, and Steve is always dragging me away!

I love the dog boutique stuff as well. The pink and black range? I REALLY wanted to get the big black bed with pink polka dots on it for our Giant Papillon, Dotty. It was even called 'spotty dotty' as well! But it is very expensive.....

Latest posts

Back