What do you guys think of the python ban?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Source please? Everything I've read only suggests that it has made it out of committee in its current form, and thatthe public comment period isbeing extended yet another 30 days.That is not the same as it being passed into law.

Oh, you mean specifically the Florida bill; sorry! There is national legislation as well, which I think was my point of confusion - the national restrictions under the Lacey Act have not been passed yet.

It looks like folks who obtained their pythons before the July 1st deadline at least get to keep their current snakes. Still, I wonder how many unscrupulous sellers will release their stock since the animals are now basically financially worthless.

snakes that get over 8 ft long shouldnt be sold to people..same with alligators and crocs. people think they are so cool having them...and they end up homless and let go.

and they tried to pass a bill banning rabbits, gerbils, and hamtsers...among some other small animals, in the midwest awhile back. that definately didnt pass. there are so many snake entusiats to let this pass

Latest posts

Back