What do you do when you go on holiday?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobbie

Reaction score
Hello,

Im off on holiday soon, and I was having my rabbit Toffee in a boardinghome, I was really happy with the way in which he would be lookedafter, but have been let down at the last minute, Im so upset, and nownot sure what to do.

Toffee is a outside bunny, I have a professional pet lady, that couldcome in feed him, clean his hutch etc, but im afraid he will be lonelyand not get the same amount of affection.

Any thoughts, What do you do?

How long are you going to be gone for? Is thereanyway to bring Toffee with you? We bring our rabbits with us when wevisit family, but if we were going on a tropical vacation oranything....they certainly wouldn't be coming along!

nobbie,

do a search for your area plus boarding plus rabbits

That should bring up a list of places that could look after your bun.

If you need any help searching, send my a PM and I will give you a hand.

Do you have a friend who could stay at yourhouse and take care of him? Right now, when I'm gone, my Momlooks after the babies. When Shawn and I move, and go away, Ihave a couple of friends who I trust to stay at my house and care forthe babies (somehow I have more people I'd let stay at the house thenI'd let take care of the animals LOL). I will be leaving themwith all kinds of phone numbers like my vets (I use 3 different ones),my Mom, people I know who are knowledgeable to each kind of animal Ihave. I have explicit instructions for caring for the animalstyped out. I also have things to look for in case there is aproblem. They will also have a number where I can bereached. (I'm going on a cruise in the spring and my friendwon't be able to contact me, I'm already nervous. LOL)

I will make sure to do the things my Mom used to do for house sittersat our home. I'll have the house clean and plenty of food(for the house sitter and the animals). I'll allow themaccess to one of our cars. I'll also leave extra money incase they need to make a vet trip.

Jen

There will be a pet carer coming in every day, twice a day, and the neighbour also, and family at weekends, to check also.

BUT, its just that he wont be getting all the attention, he gets now, and not as much exercise as he normally does.

Is this ok, do you think??:(

I'm late replying to this thread, but next timeyou have the need for a bunnysitter try your local House RabbitSociety. They have volunteers specially trained to work withbuns who might be willing to take care of your baby and give him/herall of the love, care, and attention that he/she needs while you areaway.

When I travel, my Sherman's foster mommy (who is affiliated with the House Rabbit Society) sits him for me.

Hope this helps!

Miffy and Munchkin are house bunnies, no pen, nohutch so we have a lovely lady called Lesley come every day and feed,water, clean up, play with them etc. She has her own business calledPaws'n'Petals to do that type of thing. I wouldn't put them in boardingas they would generally end up in a hutch and since they are never in ahutch I believe it would stress them out. It costs alot, about £250 for2 weeks but it is worth it . She also emails us regularly to let usknow how they are when we are away. We've used her for the past 4 years.

mummybunny

Latest posts

Back