What do you do for a living?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a college student. Next year is my student teaching year, then I'll be teaching elementary school :D Can't wait!

I've done various retail/sales over the last 13 years, and right now I'm working for a small privately owned pet store chain. I love working with the animals, but I'm not a fan of working for a small company. I'm currently looking for a management position elsewhere.

My fiance is in school for computer programming, after being injured on the job as a city bus driver three years ago. When his degree is complete, I plan to go back to school to get a degree in physiotherapy specializing in human kinetics.

I just finished being a student and now I'm working at a recreational facility trying to figure out if I want to go further in my degree or simply wait and (hopefully) make some money outside of my "field of interest". I've honestly had enough school for the time being haha. Doesn't help I decided I was not really enjoying my major 3 and a half years into it. Finished it anyways, and now I'm stuck.

There be decisions for me to make soon.

At least you finished it... I was all "Engineering!! YEAH! No wait... Sciences? ....... No... no no... psychology.... NO I KNOW! Management!"

And that's where I am now, and I'm finishing it no matter what.

I work for the royal family. I head up the internal entertainment and wellness department. All of the royal family's meals, housekeeping, events, etc. are managed by yours truly. It's a lot of work, but it's the best job ever. Pays peanuts though.

Oh, I did mention the royals are King Kirby, Lady Penny and Sir Toby, did I not? :D

I'm a patent attorney.
fiddlesticks.jpg

Augh, I would love to get into law eventually. I want to get my MBA and then go on into law. My dream job is contract law but I don't think my grades are good enough for it :tears2:

I had a coworker that kept trying to get me to go into law. I just don't have the interest. I wish I could get into another field, but I'm not sure what else I could do with my background. If anyone has ideas I would love to hear them. I have a MS in Micro/Molecular Biology and a MS in Quality Assurance/Regulatory Affairs (I know, two masters are useless). Ten years experience in pharmaceuticals, regulatory and publishing.

My husband teaches Chess professionally. He teaches in grade schools, to private students, and runs tournaments. It is his dream job and he is very happy, but it does not provide health insurance so I have to keep my job.

I love seeing what everyone does, such wide variety!

MiniLopHop wrote:
I had a coworker that kept trying to get me to go into law. I just don't have the interest. I wish I could get into another field, but I'm not sure what else I could do with my background. If anyone has ideas I would love to hear them. I have a MS in Micro/Molecular Biology...
With a graduate degree in science, you could take the patent bar exam and become a registered patent agent. All of the patent attorneys in our office started as patent agents, and we have two patent agents who are perfectly happy staying patent agents.

Patent agents are, in essence, patent attorneys who aren't attorneys - they can do searching, write and file patent applications, basically do anything I can in the patent office, which is the fun part of the job. Always something new, and people pay you to learn new technologies...

Nothing right now! :/
I was a childcare provider through the state, but my boss lost her job, so I haven't been watching her kids. :/

I will most likely be starting to babysit a little boy next week that I've babysat in the past - he is seriously more like my little brother. We are very close with the family, and they always take me and my sister on vacation with them. lol.
Along with that, I'm putting in massive amounts of applications to grocery stores, farm stores, any store!
I'm eventually (next fall) going to go to college and major in English...maybe minor in Nursing or something?

Emily

I am a Human Resources Assistant. I look after Recruitment, the Wellness Program, the Recognition Program, Promostock, and the list goes on for a Mining Company.

I'm a professional dog & cat groomer :). I love my job (even though I have bad days and it is very hard work)....sooo much money making potential, especially if you play your cards right. My dream is to buy a house and have a home-based shop. I don't like working in a salon and I think I will be much happier doing my own thing. Besides...once it gets going, I will be the one making all of the profit and no longer getting 50% commission.

I plan to get a second job working at a doggie day camp during the holidays, just to bring in extra money for moving to Austin!

269968_10150230768646027_737101026_7809802_5003761_n.jpg

kirbyultra wrote:
I work for the royal family. I head up the internal entertainment and wellness department. All of the royal family's meals, housekeeping, events, etc. are managed by yours truly. It's a lot of work, but it's the best job ever. Pays peanuts though.

Oh, I did mention the royals are King Kirby, Lady Penny and Sir Toby, did I not? :D
:laugh: I should know better than read one of your posts while drinking something!

hln917 wrote:
kirbyultra wrote:

:laugh:  I should know better than read one of your posts while drinking something!
Not my fault :halo:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back