Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello guys, i got a new bunny 5 days ago and they told me she is 10 months old. I gave her Timothy hay, lettuce, parsley, dill, coriander, Rocca, cucumber, apple, and orange. She eats well and her poop is fine. Today they called and said she is 4 months old!! Is that okay? can I still feed her the same thing same amount or should I change anything? is the hay ok or does she need alfafa now? and in what amounts should i feed her the veggies? i usually give her one cup. she is 2.73 ibs.

No. Do not switch to alfalfa hay. She is fine with timothy. Are you feeding any pellets? If so what type, brand, amount?

If she's been fine on what you've been feeding her, then no need to change. I would, however, suggest stopping the apple and orange altogether for now. She doesn't need that sugary fruit, especially when she's young. Sugar can cause all kinds of gut issues and discourage her from eating enough of the 'good stuff.'

No. Do not switch to alfalfa hay. She is fine with timothy. Are you feeding any pellets? If so what type, brand, amount?

If she's been fine on what you've been feeding her, then no need to change. I would, however, suggest stopping the apple and orange altogether for now. She doesn't need that sugary fruit, especially when she's young. Sugar can cause all kinds of gut issues and discourage her from eating enough of the 'good stuff.'
I don’t think she has ever eaten alfalfa is that fine? i dont give her pellets. i'm worried that she doesnt have enough calcium in her body, can i mix alfalfa with timothy?

It is fine to mix the alfalfa with the timothy. I just wouldn't suggest eliminating the timothy or she may hesitate to eat it later once she gets used to the tasty and rich alfalfa.

Parsley is also pretty high in calcium.

Latest posts

Back