What do I do ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy456

Reaction score
A lot of people keep their dogs in crates at night, but Sparky always has to pee so we just baby-gate him in our galley kitchen, and put a pee pad.
Last night I was putting up the baby gate and (before I go on, i'll show you a picture of what it looks like)
3529615848_603b2ece28.jpg

See how theres like 2 'panels' of those circles?
Well I wasn't paying attention and my pinky finger went in one of the holes, and as I was pulling it open to make it bigger my finger got caught in between two holes that were supposed to pass each other, thus squishing it.
I had opend it really quick, I mean i've been doing this for 2 and a half years and I thought it was all right, but it just means my finger was squished REALLY hard.
I looked at my finger and the nail was cracked along my cuticle, and was bleeding a lot. I couldn't move it either,

So after passing out, my mom said it was alright and told me to go to bed.
I can move my finger now, but pressure put on the tip of my finger *or past the last knucle* is unbearable.
And it's crooked :(
anyone know what to do? it's extremly painful and super hot.
I put my finger out the window for the fun of it, and my entire hand was cold, but that finger was still super hot.

Ouch :shock:Hmm not sure really... If the finger is crooked I would get it checked out. If it's the nail, then maybe it's more a nail injury. I have heard of nails falling off and growing back fine but I have no experience with it so I couldn't tell you if that type of injury would cause it. I remember my father squishing his finger real bad and aside from gushing blood from pressure and being really really sore it healed okay. Hope someone could help you out.

Feel better soon!

soak it in ice water for fifteen minutes and then fifteen out. If you think it's broken, you might want to go to the Doctor and have it checked. Sounds like your gonna lose the nail for sure which can take a couple months. If broken, 6 to 8 weeks to heal fully. Toes and fingers I* usually just splint, unless they are spectacular.

I fixed the link to your picture for you.

I would definitely ice the finger. There's not too much they can do for a broken finger even if it is broken. You could get a little finger splint and use that though.

I'm sure you'll have quite a lovely bruise under your nail that may turn lots of fun colors and will be ugly for quite a while until the nail grows out.

Don't fool around get into emergency now because it sound like you broke it. Remember your in Canada so all it will cost you is time.

Bill

If its broken then you need to get it checked ASAP as there is a limited time for them to be able to set it. You dont' want to end up with a lasting problem because you waited to fix it.

If its not broken then just ice, ice, ice! 15mins at a time, throughout the day.

The crack started bleeding earlier, so the purple-ness under my nail is more.. normal purple bruise looking.
I have a doctors appt tomorrow, so i'm going to ask her to check it
it's still supper sensative to the touch, but it's okay because I realized I stick that finger in the air all the time, anyways.
:( it hurts hmph.

Definitely sounds like a break. ;)
Good thing you have a drs. appt tomorrow.

I sprained/possibly fractured my foot last Thurs. and still need to make a drs. appt. Have to do so tomorrow. Just keep putting it off because my mom is saying "It's just sprained." Although I'm having some strange symptoms and the pain is mainly in my foot, and quite severe, plus tingling & numbness... :/

Emily

How could you forget something so painful?

Please go to Emergency. The last thing you need is to have them re-break the finger to align it properly. It is a very painful thing to experience.

Even if you get there, and they can't do anything, it was still time well spent. Your health should always be of the utmost importance.

The appointment was with a psychiatrist aha, but she said she used to be a family doctor so I thought it would be a good idea to ask her
and my mom wont take me to emergency, she gets upset at me and says it's alright.

is it swollen?..i would think that if its broke it would be swollen..maybe u sprained it...ive lost quite a few of my nails..walking thru a public pool the door swung shut on my foot ..lifted my big toenail straight up...it was only attch at the cuticle...oh the pain..the pain..worst part was when my dad had to rip it off later that day..i was like i can walk around with a toenail sticking straight up dad its ok...he said what about a shoe fitting over that...i said good point...anyways ive lost 5 more nails in various incidences since then but that one was the worst...anyways when u said it felt warm to touch..my injured nails felt like that too..and i also couldnt move my finger very well......but im thinkin u really bruised the heck outta that finger...if u broke ur finger with that gate then id be taking more calcium if i were u.,,,,
ur fingernail is gonna look very interesting in the next couple of weeks...hopefully it will grow back normal..2 of my nails grew back deformed the dr. said from so much trauma to the nailbed....i hope it heals fast for u and ,i hope u dont hit it again ..i wrapped my finger up with bandages leaving a gap on the tip of my finger for impact ..hehe.i kept rehitting my finger doin everyday norm stuff..hope u feel better soon...keep us updated on it.
:nurse:
if all else fails ...well have to amputate.:spintongue

I still have my nail, just it's cracked from one side to the other (pretty much along the cuticle) and bleeds every now and then.
it's still super sore, but i think i'll live..
and I have another appt tomorrow for my massive cold, so i'll ask him about it. :)

Latest posts

Back